Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Back to my LAGGYness

I raise from the CO with ATs with one limper. 21/17/2.5 after 700 hands calls from the BB, as does the limper.

Flop comes QQ8r. I bet after getting checked to, and BB check raises me. Limper folds, and I decide to 3-bet.

Turn is a blank, and I bet when BB checks to me.

Spewage, or good?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Back to my LAGGYness

Sometimes you have to go to war and you could have picked a worse spot imo.

I dont think he has a Q. He would wait to the turn imo. So that leaves a low pp,8 or air. Maybe call down instead? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM

if it were heads-up, i would be more suspicious. as it is, he always has an 8 or a small pocket pair here, so take your free card.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it were heads-up, i would be more suspicious. as it is, he always has an 8 or a small pocket pair here, so take your free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my plan is to check the turn, then I think I fold the flop.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:56 PM

you can't fold the flop. you have six clean outs here 90% of the time because the high pair on board saves you from reverse domination. you are getting 9.5:1 (minus rake) on your call so you have to see at least one more card.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:20 PM

sorry if this is noobish but i don't care.
could you please type down what your thoughts was when you played the hand? i almost never make plays like these, i just play "abc". maybe this is abc for you guys, what do i know?

Thanks
-Per
Old 11-30-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If my plan is to check the turn, then I think I fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. Usually a checkraise on this flop is a weak 8, 87s-sort of hand. Sometimes it's a JTs J9s T9s sort of gutshot semibluff. Sometimes it's a Q, at which point you're [censored], but in general you shouldn't feel required to choose between spraying on the flop and turn and/or folding the flop. From my experience a T9s hand is still bluffing the turn, an 8 isn't folding, so I don't really know what betting gains you.

Rob
Old 11-30-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry if this is noobish but i don't care.
could you please type down what your thoughts was when you played the hand? i almost never make plays like these, i just play "abc". maybe this is abc for you guys, what do i know?

Thanks
-Per

[/ QUOTE ]

I had been quite LAGGY at the table, and I thought this guy knew that I would bet the flop with nearly anything. I thought he might be trying to take a shot at me with nothing. I also thought that with my 3-bet, and turn continuation bet, he may decide to fold his 8. He was TAG, but a bit on the tight side of TAG, so thought he was one who could "make good laydowns".

Dunno though, normally I think I just call the flop (even though I said fold earlier). I just had some feeling in me that said "Raise!" so I did it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. the turn was some blank, and I took down the pot with a bet. Still don't know how good my line was though.