Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Hand...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

No read on Villian.

Krishan
Old 11-29-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Hand...

Bet/fold the turn. You obviously think he is slowplaying a big hand, but this could easily be 99-JJ or even KQ/KJ. By not betting you are losing value the times that these call the turn and the river. You are also losing a lot of value against UTG's range which includes a ton of gutshots, kings, and worse aces.

If you are raised it is an easy fold. I don't see what checking the turn gets for you. He's not gonna be bluff-raising here and if he is slowplaying, you will usually be drawing dead. It's not like that free card let's you hit an out or something.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:25 PM

Seems ok. I usually check the flop through and then rattle off a few bet/folds if it's checked to me again.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold the turn. You obviously think he is slowplaying a big hand, but this could easily be 99-JJ or even KQ/KJ. By not betting you are losing value the times that these call the turn and the river. You are also losing a lot of value against UTG's range which includes a ton of gutshots, kings, and worse aces.

If you are raised it is an easy fold. I don't see what checking the turn gets for you. He's not gonna be bluff-raising here and if he is slowplaying, you will usually be drawing dead. It's not like that free card let's you hit an out or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I played this one badly. Other than not giving villian the satisfaction of a turn cr, the turn check buys me nothing.

Krishan
Old 11-29-2005, 10:30 PM

I was finally going to reply to a post - since it hadn't already had 20 replies - but I see that Lmn55d expressed my thoughts better than I would have.