Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 01:01 PM

Default proper preflop play

I was hoping someone could tell me if I'm playing too many preflop hands. If in early or middle position you have a marginal hand that is worth calling, according to the Sklansky hand rankings, and you get raised behind you, what to do? My hand clearly wouldn't be worth cold calling a raise, but I've already invested a bet, so its only one more bet to see the flop. How do you evaluate whether its proper to call the second bet? Thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: proper preflop play

Just about any hand you limp in with can call one more bet. Calling 2 more cold is another story.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:28 PM

It is almost allways, (acctually I'll make it easier) it is allways correct to call one bet back to you if you've allready called one bet preflop. If it's 2 back to you and you've called one preeflop you can play a little looser then you would just coldcalling but not much, and still STAY AWAY FROM OFFSUIT.

As a side note. The recomendations are a good place to start, but if you notice one or 2 aggressives to your left that allways seem to raise preflop, it's not a bad idea to play the charts a little tighter. Allways take these sort of things into consideration, playing preflop by a chart will eventually die away for you but it's good for a default. But start recognizing situations (like this one) where you need to deviate because of your opponents and you will go a long way.

Welcome to the forums
Thomas
Old 11-27-2005, 01:29 PM

Almost always call another bet if its only one back to you, if two back to you tighten up almost as if you were cold calling a raise in front of you. For example: One limper in front of you and you limp J10s in EP, MP2 raises and the button reraises, you fold. Now if MP2 only raised and everyone else folds to the limper who calls then you should almost always call the second bet unless he is a complete mouse (10 Vpip and 2 PFR or such).