Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Freeroll Strategy

Hi,

I have been playing a bunch of sit and go free rolls at tropicalpoker.com. I am curious why players sit out of these events and join in later in the game...is this a worthwhile strategy to apply? I'd appreciate your feedback or advice on this. Thank you.

Regardless, you should get in on the action...all you can eat free rolls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Netbets
Old 11-27-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Freeroll Strategy

Yeah, but do they offer free Taco Bell? That might get me to play there.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I have been playing a bunch of sit and go free rolls at tropicalpoker.com. I am curious why players sit out of these events and join in later in the game...is this a worthwhile strategy to apply? I'd appreciate your feedback or advice on this. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea is to take let the other guys take each other out, I guess. But it seems to me you're better of playing from the start and trying to catch some of the chips flying around in the opening stages, instead of waiting and then facing guys with double or triple your stack.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 11:42 AM

Are there actually any prizes for these, or are they just play chips?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:43 PM

I've played a few freerolls for fun, but they really aren't a great use of your time.

I spent 3 -4 hours on one at Hollywood Poker, placed 2nd and won 8 bucks.

If you have a lot of points stored up, I'd try to use them all at once in a freeroll w/a significant payout. Otherwise, it's like playing for play money.