Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 07:58 PM

Default a couple hands from the $400 game...

guy who raises every other hand (inccluding 47JT) raises in the CO i re-raise w/Ah4h5cKc. we get head up. flop is 5h5c8h. he checks I pot he re-pots we both have about 1 pot size bet left. he is generally passive post flop. your play?

same guy min riases, 2 other limpers, i call w/KK35 blinds call. flop K 6h8h. checked to me i pot only lag guy calls. turn is offsuit 7, he pots right into me. your play?

btw...he held perfect both times and raped me...wahhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: a couple hands from the $400 game...

hand 1, I call every time. W/ the low draw you've got a decent chance at half the pot at least, and given the read you have on this guy, you may be ahead for high, or have 6 outs to a better underfull.

hand 2, you gotta fold it. sucks, but if stacks are still deep (sounds like they are since it was just minraised PF), then you've just got a vulnerable one-way hand in a split pot. best case you're only getting back the money you put in the pot from here on out.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guy who raises every other hand (inccluding 47JT) raises in the CO i re-raise w/Ah4h5cKc.

[/ QUOTE ]

First hand, your position is excellent, but usually A/4 hands need a lot of help on the flop. Now if it was A/4 and a big pair I dont mind trying this, but A/4/5 needs a lot of help.

The second hand, you have to get away from this, you are letting his table image cloud your judgement.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now if it was A/4 and a big pair I dont mind trying this, but A/4/5 needs a lot of help.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you're a fan of big pairs in PLO8 but I'm wondering if you can provide some more detailed reasoning for why you'd prefer, say, A4KK to A45K. Because I think I'd prefer A45K.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now if it was A/4 and a big pair I dont mind trying this, but A/4/5 needs a lot of help.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you're a fan of big pairs in PLO8 but I'm wondering if you can provide some more detailed reasoning for why you'd prefer, say, A4KK to A45K. Because I think I'd prefer A45K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you can trap someone in a flop that doesnt look too threatening, say it comes K/2/2 and he called with A/2 he aint going anywhere. Also a flop like 2/3/9 with A/4/5 is a monster, but its hard for him to call. Unless he has A/4 or a set. Assuming he has A/4, A/4/K/K has a good shot at quartering him, while A/4/5 can scoop him, your outs are very limited(7 outs).

But I do see where your coming from, A/4/5 is a monster with a 2/3/X flop. The problem with A/4/5 is that it needs two cards to become a monster, 2/3, its possible for the flop to be 2/6/K with two of your suit or something, but assuming he calls you down with a naked A/3 there isnt much you can do. Also 2/3/9 flop even with your suit is still drawing, yes its a monster and ahead of even top set, but if the turn is something like a J and he puts pressure your monster is down to a coin flip to getting the low or flush and if you dont hit pretty much anything beats you.

I dont know maybe im wrong, but thats basically the reasoning behind my thinking.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:32 PM

$400 game huh.

I'm not qualified to give advice at this limit. But I enjoyed reading the posts.

But you mentioned he held perfect each time but was very much a LAG. Perhaps a bit of bad luck, especially for the first hand--perhaps the check-raise is an out-an-out bluff because he suspects you don't have a 5. Being bet into in the 2nd hand on the turn seems more legitimate. Just my .02 worth.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:37 PM

If you never called re-pots without at least one nut you wouldnt be missing too much IMO.

Tex