Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 05:34 PM

Default OT-Where do you play?

Party Poker seems to be the site of choice here. Are the games that much more fishy there or does it depend on the type of game and the size of the buy-in?

I play Party Poker, Pacific Poker, and Hollywood poker SNG 11's, and I really can't see much difference in quality of play at this low level. Party Poker seems to have more maniacs, but Pacific has the most passive loose group of flopheads I've ever seen. Hollywood, you just never know what you're going to get.

I actually prefer Pacific's strucure better than Party's because the blinds go up slowly, allowing me to be patient and get good reads on my opponents. I don't multitable, so slower games seem to favor my play.

Do you multi-tablers prefer Party for quicker play, easier games or some combination? Do the more serious players here stick with Party or mix it up?

Just curious.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: OT-Where do you play?

If any post ever begged for a poll...
Old 11-22-2005, 05:57 PM

Pokerstars is my first choice.
Stars has better software and better tournament structure. Party's lower chip count means IMO more luck is involved -- the blinds start eating away at you too fast.

Interpoker is somewhere in between - SnGs take less time than at Party but you still start with enough chips to make some moves. I kinda like them.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:10 PM

This poll has been done several times.

Anyway, I play on UB mostly. I love their software and the 1500 chips for the SNGs. Party's 800 just doesn't work well with me.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:19 PM

For anyone playing at Stars, how do you import your Tournament Summaries into PT if you play more than 5 SNGs at a time? From what I understand the details needed by PT only come in the first 5 tournament summaries sent by Stars.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:35 PM

I play at pokerroom/betonbet/eurobet. I like the starting stacks better and it seems to have alot of bad players.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If any post ever begged for a poll...

[/ QUOTE ]

God I admire you.