Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 11:00 PM

Default If you\'re a Canadian whore...

dear God set up your Neteller account in US$.

Neteller dings you about 2% for conversion in any deposit from/withdrawal to a CDN$ Neteller account.

With a US$ account you would get dinged for a withdrawal to your bank account, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, you could deposit money to Party Poker, and take a withdrawal to your account from them (no conversion fee attached.)

If you're whoring, a US$ Neteller account is the best move you'll ever make.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: If you\'re a Canadian whore...

I have a US checking Account at my Canadian bank that could not be used for direct transfers to Neteller. Is this a common experience, or am I being screwed more than usual by the banks?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:12 AM

My original neteller account was in CDN funds but when I realized how silly this was I created a new US one.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a US checking Account at my Canadian bank that could not be used for direct transfers to Neteller. Is this a common experience, or am I being screwed more than usual by the banks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...dumb as it sounds you can only verify CAN$ account...
Old 11-22-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My original neteller account was in CDN funds but when I realized how silly this was I created a new US one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep me too. It was crazy the amount I was losing.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:32 AM

So I am supposing that you guys actually have bank accounts within the US, because as Eder said, we can only verify Canadian accounts (in Canada). True?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:37 AM

I'm Canadian, my bank account is Canadian (in Canadian $$), and my neteller account is in USD. They give you the option of what currency to use when you sign up. I also had no problems verifying my bank account. (President's Choice Financial)

Lastly, I've read in the past that if you contact them, you can have your account changed to a US account.

Good luck!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, I've read in the past that if you contact them, you can have your account changed to a US account.

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried asking them to change it and they said that I'd have to create a new account.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 AM

Canadians should set up Neteller accounts in USD, because most of the activity will be to move money in and out of poker sites (which don't have CDN$ tables, obviously).

But for some reason, either Neteller or the Canadian banks do not allow linkage with US Dollar accounts at Canadian banks (US Dollar accounts are offered by all major Canadian banks; many Canadians have them).

So every time there is a transfer between the registered Canadian account (CDN) and Neteller (USD) there are currency exchange fees involved.

If you are not in a hurry to use the money, checks sent by Neteller in US funds are a good option. You can deposit them into your US dollar account without a problem. I've done this twice and have received the checks by mail in 7 days both times. Neteller takes a $2 fee for each check, so a $1000 USD check gets dinged with only a 0.2% fee (i.e. 2/1000 = = .002).

When I need to convert US cash to CDN, I trade them with friends and family (who often need US money). We use the current market rates and avoid all fees.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried asking them to change it and they said that I'd have to create a new account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to go through that too. The big problem is that you have to re-deposit to sites if you want to withdraw from them.

To withdraw the email address you have on the poker site has to match the one on your Neteller account.

Neteller only allows one account per email account.

So...
1) I signed up for a new email on Yahoo.
2) Changed my CDN$ Neteller account to that email address.
3) Opened a US$ Neteller account with the email address I have listed on all the poker sites.
4) Called Neteller during regular business hours, and they can transfer the balance.

You'll get dinged for their currency conversion, but it's just a one-time thing. If you're whoring, you'll save big in the long run.