Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2003, 02:37 PM

Default One-table tourney report: The suckout invitational (long)

What do you think of that name for a tournament? Perhaps we should get a private tourney started and name it that!

I have enjoyed the long tourney reports posted by others, notably eMark, so I did one of my own.

Here are all the important hands from this wild and crazy one table tournament I played on stars. There were a couple 2+2ers and a bunch of Action-Jackson type players at the table. I called it the suckout invitational because there are a bunch of spectacular suckouts, most of them at my expense, but a few of my own as well. It was great fun tho, read on...

Hand 2: I raise to 60 from the c/o with A9o and the BB calls. Flop is Tc Ad 7h, he checks, I bet 100, he calls. Turn is 3h. We both check. River is 5d. He bets 300 and I call. He has AT and I lose. D'oh! Not a good start. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hand 24: I steal 75 in blinds with QTo from the button.

Hand 37: with only 940 left, I manage to steal 150 in blinds with A8s from the c/o.

Hand 40: AcKd, not bad, the first decent hand I've looked at PF. I have 1090 in chips and I'm in late position. Blinds 25-50. There's a raise to 400 from EP. I go all-in over the top and get called. She has AdJc and we both make a flush, up to 2330.

Hand 42: I steal the blinds with AJo (50-100).

Hand 44: let the suckouts begin! I'm the BB and post my 100. I get AdKs. EP wildman raises the minimum. folded to me, I go all in over the top for 2280 more. My opponent is slightly shy of being able to cover me, but he calls all-in. I made such a big bet because he's such a wildman. We flip the cards and he shows KhTh. I couldn't be happier. Until the river. 9s 9d 3h 8h Tc board leaves me with 220 and him with 4570. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hand 45: After some folders, I go all-in with 44, barely raising the BB from 100 to 220. Only wildman calls me. Board comes Qs 7c 4h Ks Qd. He has QJo and I take down the pot, up to 440 now. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 47: Sketchy player goes all-in for 1910 UTG. I call with 66. I made a full house and she had AK with no help. Stack is now 1030. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 50: There's a raise to 400 from MP. I have TT in the BB and go all-in. Raiser calls and I shudder when I see KK. However, I flop a set and double to 2110. Suckout again. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 51: I'm the SB and post 50. Six left. One EP limper, I call with KJo, BB checks. Flop comes Js Kc 2c. I check, BB checks, EP bets 1000, I check-raise all-in for 2010, BB folds, EP calls with AK. Two pair holds up and I double to 4320. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 53: I have AK and raise one limper from 100 to 1000. No callers, pick up 250. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 60: I post the BB of 150 and get JTo. Wildman calls from EP, rest fold. Flop 8 2 9 rainbow. I check, he bets 300, I call. Turn To. Check, check. I was going to check-raise, but he didn't bet. River K. Check, check. I take it down and my stack goes up. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 68: I'm the BB and post 150. Ac7h is my hand. SB raises to 300 and I call, rest fold. Flop T J 8 with two spades. Check, check. Turn 2d. I bet 450 and take it without a fight. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 69. I'm the SB and wildman is the BB. I have 5320 and he has 3300. I raise 3x the BB with QJo and wildman calls. Flop is J 8 6 with two clubs, I bet 1500 and he folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 74: 4 players left. I have 5620, wildman has 3225. I raise the blinds (150-300) the minimum with KdTd. Wildman calls from the SB and BB folds. Flop Tc Js 5s. I bet 450, he folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 76: free play in the BB with 85o when SB calls. Flop 4 4 3 rainbow. Both check. Turn K. I bluff for 300 and he folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 87: Blinds 100-200. I raise with A8o and steal them. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 88: I have 7220 before posting my 200 BB. I'm dealt Th8h. Wildman calls and the rest fold. Flop QdTd5s. I bet 400 and he calls. Turn 3s. I bet 400 and he calls. River 3s. We both check. My pair wins. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 89: I post the sb of 100 and wildman posts 200. I have 8320 and he has 1425. Three left. Other dude calls the BB and I complete my SB with As6c, wildman checks. Flop is 4 5 7 with two hearts. I bet 1500 and take the pot. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 90: I fold 77 to wildman's all-in for 1425.

Hand 101: I steal the blinds and antes with KJo. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 102: I steal wildman's blind and the antes with T8s. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 105: I make it 1000 to go with KQ and steal the blinds/antes. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 107: I raise wildman's blind with K9o. He calls. Flop 2 7 6 rainbow. We both check. Turn 3c. I bet 1000 and he folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 110: My favorite hand in the whole tournament. Three left. Blinds still 100-200 ante 25. Button folds and I limp in the sb with 76o, hoping to get a flop on wildman. He checks. Flop is 3 5 9 rainbow. Double belly-buster, perfect. I love this situation. I check, he bets 200, I check-raise to 3200 (covering his stack), he quickly folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 116: I have 8870, wildman has 2650, other has 1980. Blinds 100-200, ante 25. I'm the SB with pocket QQ. Button raises to 400. I push in 2600, covering his stack. Wildman folds and button calls with AJs. Board comes 5s Ts 9c 6h 6s and button doubles. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hand 118: 74o in the BB. wildman calls on the button and the other guy folds, I check. Flop Q Q 7r, check, check. Turn deuce. I bet 600 and he calls. River three. Check, check, I take it with queens and sevens. He had 9d8d. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 119: I try to steal with A6 but get called by wildman. Flop ace high, I check, he checks. Turn 7, making a three flush. I bet 1600 into a 975 pot and he folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 120: I put in a pretty big raise with JJ and they fold.

Hand 125: blinds 200-400, ante 25. I'm the sb with AKo. Button folds and I raise to 800, wildman calls. Flop is 4h 9s 5s. I bet 1200, covering his stack. He immediately calls and shows 3c2c. Ace hits the river and he doubles. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hand 126: I steal the blinds with K9.

Hand 128: I have 6865 and wildman has 3475. I'm the SB and he's the BB. I raise the minimum to 800 (button folded) and wildman calls. Flop A 9 3 rainbow. I bet 800 and he calls. Turn is Qh, making a two flush. I bet 2400 and he folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 135: I'm the button and wildman is the SB. Blinds/antes still the same. I raise the minimum with Q8o and wildman calls, other folds. Flop 5 7 9 two spades. I bet 2400, covering his stack, and he folds. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 138. I call on the button with 9c7c. wildman calls in the SB and other guy checks. Flop 3d 6h Tc. Checked to me, I semi-bluff for 2000. Wildman folds, but other guy calls. With 45. And makes the str8 when the deuce hits the turn. Mine doesn't get there. Didn't I tell you suckout special? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Hand 141: I'm the button with 7755 in chips. Ante 25 blinds 200-400. wildman has 1175, other dude has 4570. I raise with Kd7d to 800. wildman goes over the top for his last 350, I call. Flop 3 7 K rainbow. I take it with the suckout special as his KJ doesn't hit his kicker. Down to two. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 142: I raise fairly big with TT and he folds.

Hand 145: I raise AJ and he chunks it again.

Hand 147: Blinds 300-600, ante 50. I raise to 2400 with KQo. He goes over the top for his last 1145, I call. Bare ace takes it down. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hand 149: I steal with K2o with a minimum raise.

Hand 150: free play BB when he limps. I have K2o. Flop A 2 9 rainbow. I bet 1200 and take it down. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 151: I limp with T8o, he checks. Flop 2 3 5 rainbow. I bluff at it with a 1200 bet and take it. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 155: I make a big raise with KdQd (most of his stack) hoping to get him to go all-in. He doesn't bite. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hand 156: I'm the BB and get 47o. He limps. Flop 6 5 9 two diamonds. I semi-bluff 1800 and get called. Turn Ac. I semi again 3000 and he folds. I'm up to 11060. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 157: I raise with A6o and get called. Flop is T 6 2 all spades. I bet 1800 and my opponent calls all-in. He has As6h and makes the flush, doubling. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hand 164: I make it 3000 with A8o. He goes all-in for the rest and I call. A8 beats KT and I take first place! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hope you enjoyed, comments of course welcome.

al
Old 06-30-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Re: One-table tourney report: The suckout invitational (long)

[img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I was hand #51, I admit it. I only have one excuse for my bad play...low blood sugar. Sad, but true. I shouldn't play when my blood sugar is bad. I get so confused. First of all, who would limp with AKs in a shorthanded SNG? Then, when you raised me, DUH, of course I'm beat, you're the BLIND! Plus I know you [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I knew I was in trouble very early in the tourney. I couldn't read the board. I had to have my husband read it to me. I had two pair in the blind and didn't know it. It was a wonder I even lasted until 6th.

Word to the wise...don't play poker with low blood sugar if you have diabetes!

As usual, you did an excellent job! It was a spectacular tournament, with amazing turnarounds in fortune. Good game!!!