Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 11:59 PM

Default 60 minutes effect = free money

When 60 minutes profiles internet gambling this Sunday, the 20 million people that watch the show will drive the price of Crypto higher (because its the biggest and easiest to buy from a discount brokerage) and probably the follwing as well:

PYGMF.PK
SPBTF.PK
EONLF.PK
NTLRF.PK
BSPTF.PK
WGMGY.PK
AGCI.OB
MDSE.PK
PGGG.PK

I'm sure I missed a few but look for the big names to pop 3-10%.

Hope everyone got some of this free money.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: 60 minutes effect = free money

cyos
ezto
Old 11-19-2005, 03:04 AM

Here is my 2 cents....20 million people see the show, figure at best 5% buy the stock based on the show. What is the average dollar invested for the 1 million "new" investors? $1000? Thats 100 Million over several stocks...I recal party's market share to be about 2.2 Billion. Say party poker gets 80 million thats only about a 3% increase in market share. The fact that this will be a gradual effect to sell the new shares means outside market effects can move the price as well. This lowers your expectd yeild for the times when maret conditions hurt the stock. Also there is a good chance that 60 min will knock the stocks and negativly effect the stocks. Any large company holding many shares is more likly to dump on bad news that the avearge joe will buy on good news. IMHO, I don't see the stock price moving up till after Feb.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my 2 cents....20 million people see the show, figure at best 5% buy the stock based on the show. What is the average dollar invested for the 1 million "new" investors? $1000? Thats 100 Million over several stocks...I recal party's market share to be about 2.2 Billion. Say party poker gets 80 million thats only about a 3% increase in market share. The fact that this will be a gradual effect to sell the new shares means outside market effects can move the price as well. This lowers your expectd yeild for the times when maret conditions hurt the stock. Also there is a good chance that 60 min will knock the stocks and negativly effect the stocks. Any large company holding many shares is more likly to dump on bad news that the avearge joe will buy on good news. IMHO, I don't see the stock price moving up till after Feb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not speculating here.

This will happen, without doubt - even if 60 minutes brings in every FBI agent in the country and tells us its illegal. As soon as they start throwing those billion dollar figures around, its over.

Only some sort of tragedy over the weekend that would cause a huge market crash on Monday can stop this. The 3-10% gain is inevitable.

60 minutes will deliver on Monday's open.

Incidentally, the only 2 people to ever be profiled on 60 minutes for offshore gambling were arrested. One was arrested after he appeared and the other before.

It will be interesting to see if this show nudges any enforcement into action. I'm sure the Party founders (at least the American ones) can't be extremely thrilled about this.

They've made their billions. Sure they will get some signups out of it but my guess is they wish everyone would leave them alone and forget who they are.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:50 PM

Please comment on my post. I just don't see the stocks going up that much by monday. I tried to explain my logic, does it make sense?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:08 PM

so you're not speculating here, eh?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please comment on my post. I just don't see the stocks going up that much by monday. I tried to explain my logic, does it make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't going up that much by monday - they will be up on monday.

I know Sportingbet is going to be profiled not sure who else. I would say SPBTF.PK and any other company named will see a pop. Crypto is the easiest high profile, internet related gaming stock to buy via a regular brokerage account.

I think the whole sector (if you can call it that) will see the gains I mentioned because 60 minutes is the most powerful show on TV and I've seen it before in other stocks. Google comes to mind and there are others.

I think GOOG was up 5% or so the day after they were profiled but I don't remember for sure.

This will happen and I'll be back on Monday with the charts and stuff to make sure everyone hears I told you so at least twice.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:41 PM

If there is going to be an impact, you will not be able to use the Pink Sheet stocks to take advantage of it, as the stocks will be trading in london, long before the US markets open.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:09 PM

After watching the "program," I question it having any effect.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is going to be an impact, you will not be able to use the Pink Sheet stocks to take advantage of it, as the stocks will be trading in london, long before the US markets open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone buying on Monday is about 3 days late to the party.