Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:11 PM

Default OT Roland finds a new job

Well back at the end of September I posted for those who would be interested that I had lost my job and my computer with it. So I would no longer be able to play or post. At any rate, I figured I give a quick update for those so inclined.

Got a new job today and will start at the begining of December.The job is pretty decent in the field I worked in prior to my last gig, only with a competitor, was able to play some hardball and got a good salary (Im in sales). It has been quite the trying couple of months though, I came pretty close to moving out to Vegas! I have been thinking of entering law school, I have my Lsat on Dec 3. Any one know how hard UNLV's Law school is to get into? Also my fiancee is a teacher and up here in Michigan new teaching jobs are non exsistant, are they still hiring down there?

Unfortunately, the only computer I have at my disposale is an ancient lap top so still no poker playing in the near future. My goal is to be up and running, playing and posting again by mid January. So Bluefeet Urban Meyer and the likes look out I will hopefully be back soon.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: OT Roland finds a new job

[ QUOTE ]
I now play the $27 SnGs on PokerStars professionally for double my old hourly rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-17-2005, 05:25 PM

I was actually going to edit my post to include you Durron but then I realized that I am lazy.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I came pretty close to moving out to Vegas! I have been thinking of entering law school, I have my Lsat on Dec 3. Any one know how hard UNLV's Law school is to get into?

[/ QUOTE ] Its a third tier law school by most measures although given the area's relative wealth and population explosion it'll likely be a much more difficult school to get into in five or ten years. Here is look at its academic/ethnic UNLV Law School profile:[ QUOTE ]
fiancee is a teacher and up here in Michigan new teaching jobs are non exsistant, are they still hiring down there?

[/ QUOTE ] Yep. Clark County and the city itself still show up as actively recruiting on a google of "las vegas" + "teaching jobs" and Vegas is still growing at an obscene rate. They are doing all of the desperate measures: troops to teachers, relocation packages, etc.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the info vinyard, it is very much appreciated. A relocation package would be HUGE!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info vinyard, it is very much appreciated. A relocation package would be HUGE!

[/ QUOTE ]

nice to see you again sir - looking forward to raping your blinds again soon