Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2003, 08:42 PM

Default Win Ratio?

A while back, someone posted a win ratio for SNG's. I can't find it now, but now that I am playing them, I'm very curious.

It was a thread about what kind of win ratio a good player should have when playing 8/9/10 top one table SNG's.

Does anyone remember this?
Old 06-26-2003, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Win Ratio?

Felicia -

I've been playing about 3-4 months in SNG's on PokerStars, and at last record update (250+ tourneys) was about 49% in the money, 20% wins. Will be interested in hearing others' stats as well...

And, in the interest of fairness, what are yours? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers, and I'll see you in the next SNG Stud/Stud8...

DoctorJ (dr_j_va)
Old 06-26-2003, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Win Ratio?

First of all, I didn't ask what YOUR personal record is, just what the good player should average. But since you volunteered, I will do the same [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jeez, you're really putting me to work here. I went to public school, for cripes sake. My math, oy vay! You have a distinct advantage here, having been to medical school and edumacated and all, lol. I have been keeping track of my buy-in's vs. winnings, so I haven't broken it into percentages at all. Now that you posted yours, of course I want to do mine, lol [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I played 21 Stud SNG's. I cashed 6 times, won twice. So that is 28.5% cash, 9.5% wins.

I stopped playing in the Stud and Stud HL tourneys on 6/22/03, because I felt they were -EV for me. Good play isn't necessarily rewarded at the $5.50 and $11 level. Several people encouraged me to quit the Stud SNG's and switch to NLHE. Excellent, excellent advice. I won the very first Stars SNG, and have been doing much better with that. My stats are:

23 NLHE one-table SNG's (some 9 top tables, some 10 top).
10 cashes
3 wins

So that is:

43% in the money
13% wins

NLHE isn't even my game, so I think I might even do better as I go along. I hope, anyway!