Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Your opinons on my ROI% and other things. (LONG)

For over the last year at least I have found myself rather frustrated with tournaments. Both live and internet. From $5 buy-in internets to 200. From $40 buy-in live to $500.

I tend to go very deep. Even with what I think is a nice % of in the money. But I find that I'm not satisfied whatsoever. I rarely make a final table in 400+ players events but still go deep...lots of near bubble, bubble boy, just into the moeny, etc. I'm often shortstacked....17% vp$ip long term. But I find it hard to get away from my tightness. And it appears MOST often in given situations of marginal crap I am right. As rarely when the cards were dealt have I seen I would have been winners.

I have made the final table numerous times....less than 3% I'm sure but absolutes I cant say since my tracker info was deleted thanks to a virus earlier this year. But my YTD Finish in the $ is 20.37%. My ROI is not correct as I had some tracker problems (probably my fault) with MTTs but it's 17.18% on SnG's only...I actually cant find a real MTT ROI # because the buy-ins to those dont show up. My SnG "in the money" is 38.81%. Thats a realistic # for me.

Up until yesterday when I got 2nd in a 467 person PP $20 it was 18.xx%. YTD over only 54 online events. I know small sample. 1 win, 2 2nds, 1 3rd and a few 4-10's.

So...I think I'm good. But not satisfied with MY performance. Certainly there are tons of bad beats that knocked me out. With a few rare suckouts to my benefit. But I ALWAYS know when I made a blunder that totally crippled me or knocked my ass out. BAD BLUFFS is #1...tho I have a low bluff % overall IMO.

In yesterdays 2nd place event. I was typically crippled near the bubble. Say 12-20 places out of the money. Blinds musta been around 200-400 or 300-600. I saw situations where it was bad but not too awfully bad to get all-in with my 1200 or so chips and avoided them waiting for the right players to be up against etc. This worked well...it has many times. I got into the money with less than 1/2 an avg stack and waited for opportunities. Struggled and made it to final 15 with less than 15k.

Does this sound familiar? Yes I made some hands after this point to get some chips...obviously..but the grind is what spelled out in the above. I got to the final table having seen 7% of the flops. Seems way huge low. Yet this final table was all tightasses too. NOBODY higher than 24.xx% vpip. I always track tables 1-4.

Funny thing...day before some lady makes the final of 400+ players with a vpip of 67%!!!! And a wt$ when saw flop of 45%!! "ma'am you have convinceingly put over 100 players on tilt in one event" heh.

Any thoughts on my gibberish here?