Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Best PDA/Phone

I need to get a pda-phone, to organize my days, I need it to integrate with ACT! software, have a way to get wi-fi, high speed internet acess, preferably voice recogniztion. Basically I need a laptop, that I can carry around with my anywhere. What do you guys reccomend.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Best PDA/Phone

Get a Treo 650 and a Wi-Fi sled.

gus
Old 11-09-2005, 06:29 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000567051847/ looks amazing

if you want something now http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/52497

you'll need to look into whether they meet your needs yourself. i'm waiting for the Q.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:48 PM

The Treo 650 is great, but I would personally wait until Palm releases an EVDO compatible phone. Sprint and Verizon recently announced EVDO (broadband on your phone), which will make internet quite a bit faster. Right now the only EVDO compatible phone for Sprint is the PPC-6700, which is pretty nice, but not perfect. Sprintusers.com and phonescoop.com both have some reviews. You can also keep an eye on sprintpcsinfo.com to see what's coming out.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:06 AM

I have the iPaq 6315 (T-Mobile use to carry it). They should be releasing a new one anytime soon. I think mine is the [censored]!