Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2003, 08:07 PM

Default Moose encounter tale.

Ray's fawn post reminded of this. Milo and I were surveying an old clear cut to determin if it was restocking itself. Most of the trees were small 3-6 ft. Some areas were overstocked and others were open. It was lunch time and Milo headed to the truck as he had forgotten his lunch. I settled down to eat and relax. 5 min later Milo came flying up the hill with the craziest look on his face. He said he came to a little clearing where he saw a cow moose and a calf that was only a few hrs old. He said the cow lowered her ears and charged. Milo had the presence of mind to take off running with her in hot pursuit. He came to a group of small trees and jumped behind them just as the moose roared by. Anyw2ay he got away and when he came back to where I was he was pumped. He thought this was the greatest.

Today Milo is in his 40s and working as a wildlife biologist in Alaska. He still maintains the curiosity and enthusiasm he had as a 12 yr old boy. I once watched as he put the sneak on a browsing moose with the intent of touching it he almost made it. He is also a wildlife photographer and takes more chances than he should to get the shot. Someday he may get snuffed, but what a way to go.