Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Display question - Need help deciding on multiple display setup...

Hi all,

I am currently beginnning to multi-table and it's addictive! I started w/ 2, then moved to 3...and 4...Well, I want to go to multi-tabling more than 4 at once...
5 to 7 or 8 tables (with NO OVERLAP!!!), and
I would like to ask anyone for advice as to what monitors I should buy...

1. 2 Dell 2001FP 20 inchers
2. 1 Dell 2405 FPW Wide and 1 Dell 2001FP 20 inch
3. 2 Dell 2405 FPWs, both flipped into "portrait mode" and placed side-by-side.
3. 1 Dell 2405 FPW Wide and 1 Dell 2005FPW Wide 20.1 inch

For the last setup, I was thinking to have the massive 24 incher sitting in the center of my desk,
and tilting the 20.1 inch wide into the "portrait mode" and putting it on the side of the 24 incher...
(this should be good for 3 tables at 1360 x 768 resolution (correct me if I am wrong...) - does this sound like a good idea???
(this would save money, rather than buying 2 2405 FPWs, but, the money that could be made by playing extra tables with no overlap could
easily pay for the monitors over just a few week's time...so cost doesn't really matter...assuming this fact/that I could handle the stress of 7-8 tabling...lol)

Also, general question: are 2 Dell 2001FP's side-by-side better than 1 Dell 2405FPW Wide??
(price is about the same for either...interesting consideration, as you sacrifice height in the Wide Aspect Dell...but with 2 2001FPs you'd get height and 2 side-byside would give you even more width...)

Joe M.

Ps. my graphics card is old, but high-end: 128 MB Ti 4600 NVIDIA...It came w/ somthing called "nVIEW" which I haven't played around with but looks like it will help with setting up a dual-display...anyone use nVIEW???

Thank you in advance for any replies/advice! Look forward to hearing (and maybe seeing some pics of!) any great display setups you all might have/be willing to share!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Display question - Need help deciding on multiple display setup...

should I move my post to the "Zoo"? or another forum?

wondering why no responses - thanks!

Joe M.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:49 PM

It's a strange post to me. I can't imagine having two displays that are different, would bug the crap out of me. Portrait mode is also annoying to me... I'd have to process a LOT of words to want my screen on it's side (in which case it would be ideal). I'm getting ready to purchase my first of two or three LCD panels and will be getting a Samsung 204T. Brighter and sharper than the ultra-sharp dell specs. I've heard nothing but good things.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:10 PM

what size and how much cost is the Samsung 204T???

I thought that having 2 24 inch Dell 2405s both flipped on their side in portrait and placed side by side would be absolutely amazingly excessive - and
that's the whole point!
Or is this a totally stupid idea ...

I was reading through some other posts...and a few 2 + 2ers have 3 2001FPs...
allowing them to easily 12 table with no overlap...another interesting setup...

Is having 2 2405s too much and a waste of money? Or is it multi-tabler heaven???
Old 11-07-2005, 07:18 PM

20.1, 1600x1200

I plan on using two in the near future, possibly three down the road.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. 2 Dell 2001FP 20 inchers
2. 1 Dell 2405 FPW Wide and 1 Dell 2001FP 20 inch
3. 2 Dell 2405 FPWs, both flipped into "portrait mode" and placed side-by-side.
4. 1 Dell 2405 FPW Wide and 1 Dell 2005FPW Wide 20.1 inch

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 1 and 2 are the only real options. With option 3, you can only fit 6 tables unless you want to split 3 more down the middle and have half on each display. Besides, it would look weird and be really expensive. Option 4 is no good because the 2005FPW won't fit 4 tables without overlap. It's basically down to two 2001FPs or one of them with a 2405FPW. Personally, I'd take the former since it's cheaper and the displays would be identical. The 2405 is supposed to look better than the 2001, but you won't get any use out of the extra real estate, at least from a poker standpoint. I am curious about the Samsung though. I believe it was around $500 at Sam's. If it looks better than the Dell, it may be worth the extra few bucks to me.

Disclaimer: I'm using a single CRT at the moment. I have no first hand experience with the LCDs, but I am in the market (or will be soon, at least).