Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 05:19 PM

Default glen to vegas. . .

I am planning a last minute trip to vegas. I was going to go for about 5 days leaving Friday, but one of my friends who was meeting me for a weekend accidentally bought his plane ticket for next weekend (d'oh), so now I might be staying for 10 days. I hear this is a busy weekend (some convention on the strip?, but I know summers are usually slower. . . Can I just get off a plane and get a room someone for about the same price as booking one. I've been to vegas twice and both times I pre-planned everything, but since I'm going on short notice, I'm thinking about priceline and walking to a front desk. I would like to stay on the strip at maybe the imperial palace (cheap. . ) but I don't mind being as far away as the Stardust, Circus Circus. Can anyone give me any quick info on the hotel situation this weekend?. . .
Old 06-17-2003, 05:47 PM

Default Re: glen to vegas. . .

Glen, I've done just that before and I just hailed a cabbie, told him what I needed and he found me a room as well as getting a "finders fee" for himself.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:45 AM

Did Nate do this? Too funny. That kid.

Hey. As you know, I always plan well ahead for any Vegas vacation, however, that does not mean a place like Circus Circus or some of the older / not as fancy hotels won't have rooms. Go online and find a list of the older hotels and go from there. You should have no problem.

Now onto business. Where are you playing? I have not been to the Palms yet, so if you go, remember to tell me how it is.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:40 PM

No, it was George, but he just got it changed again. Now I might have to go saturday, since I'm pushing the deadline for my other class. It's all up in the air right now, unfortunately. . .

. . . I don't think I've ever heard of the Palms. . .