Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:32 AM

Default couple of hands from tonight

-30BB session tonight.. looking at PT I rarely got any decent hands, so I guess that's just life, but the times I did it seemed like I couldn't get much of a break. Bad play or bad luck?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

(Looks like she has the 6, good time to fold?)

River: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: couple of hands from tonight

1. try to keep it to one hand per post
2. get reads
3. these tables look like they suck. so many preflop folds for a .50/1 table

hand 1:
fold preflop, raise flop, bet turn, bet river.
if you had a read that he liked to bluff, i like your line.

hand 2:
bet turn, bet river

hand 3:
looks fine
Old 11-04-2005, 02:39 AM

At the time I didn't have much in terms of reads since I had just started.

What should I look at to judge a table, Average Pot?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

(Looks like she has the 6, good time to fold?)
Looks like she has the 6? This seems to me like you're either being results-oriented or just making an overly narrow assumption on a broad range of hands. JQ-JK are just as likely as a 6 I think, though we need reads to see if they would have raised BB with these hands. Yes I think it's a good chance you're beat, but "looks like she has the 6" isn't the reason I would use.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:37 AM

1. Raise the flop
2. Bet the turn, bet/call the river
3. Good
Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 AM

How would you respond to a turn/river raise on hand 2 if I lead?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you respond to a turn/river raise on hand 2 if I lead?

[/ QUOTE ]
a better question to ask yourself is why you thought it would be correct to check call the turn, but then lead the river when you hit trips. there really aren't many hands that you beat now that you didn't beat on the turn (meaning you should have bet).

as far as what i do if raised on the turn - i think that's pretty easy. you call with a million outs, and you check fold the river if you miss them.

and as far as table selection goes (in my opinion), sit to the left of really bad loose passive players and to the right of really bad tight passive players. if you can't get one like that, go by table VPIP. if you won't feel comfortable in an aggressive game, try to play a passive one. basically you want bad players to see flops with you (and i'm just pointing out that these tables don't look very good - but [censored] i only have three hands to go by).
Old 11-04-2005, 02:46 AM

Yeah I should have bet the turn... I guess this guy must have been pretty passive, because he did make his hand on the turn, but never raised PF. So I didn't think he had what he did (JJ).

edit: The average VPIP went between 5.50-8 I'd say iirc.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 AM

Please, one hand per post. Us lazey drunksa don't have the attention span.

Hand 1. Fold preflopa unless you raise. Raieze the flop. Raise the turn, call the river.

2: bet the turn. Bet the river.

Any more? Yes. Hand 3. Eh, you could almost call that turn getting 8:1 drawing to 6 ish outs. That's somewhat generous, though. I gues the fold is reaonsable.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 AM

Hand #1

Raise the flop. You can't assume it is a WA/WB situation already.

How did you determine she has trips? I diagnose a case of MUBS here.

Lesson learned: Raise the flop to gather info on where you are in the hand. Also fold JTo in MP3.

Hand #2

Whats wrong with leading the turn? You still have top pair. Granted, MP3 will probably raise you but at least you know you are behind a bigger ace and can fold without hitting your flush. In fact, even if you called down after a turn raise you still pay the same amount. on this hand.

I think you chopped the pot here unless MP3 hit his straight.

Lesson learned: Bet strong hands, yes, top pair weak kicker with the nut flush draw is enough to bet the turn again.

Hand #3

I have no problem with this hand. In fact, this is probably the best play of the three.

Lesson learned: play more like hand #3