Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:33 PM

Default The donkey and I

100PLO. My image is Laggy since I am trying to wrest a bunch of rocks from their comfort zones. Donkey will always bluff if checked to and makes ridiculous calls. He recently called off his whole stack on second pair and hit a running quad miracle. Of course he wasted the proceeds quickly and is now down to $40 OTB.

I have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in CO. I min raise (which I have been doing everytime I play a hand in LP). 6 callers.

Pot is $12.
FLOP 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I pot it, donkey calls, stubborn idiot in MP calls.

Pot is $36
TURN T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Stubborn idiot checks, I check, Donkey bets $8, idiot folds, I set him in.

Comments?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: The donkey and I

If you potted the the 12 dollar pot on the flop and got 2 callers, how is the pot only 36 on the turn? Shouldn't it be 48?

Is this a "the donkey thought I had A-A-x-x, called my flop bet with bottom two, turned his boat, I paid him off and am now frustrated because he left 5 hands later and I couldn't win my money back from him" post?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you potted the the 12 dollar pot on the flop and got 2 callers, how is the pot only 36 on the turn? Shouldn't it be 48?

Is this a "the donkey thought I had A-A-x-x, called my flop bet with bottom two, turned his boat, I paid him off and am now frustrated because he left 5 hands later and I couldn't win my money back from him" post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got the pot calc wrong, hand history converter wasn't working.

No, this isn't a bad beat post. Thanks for looking out for the forum. I don't really care about the results. I wonder what people think of the play overall, especially the check push on the paired board.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what people think of the play overall, especially the check push on the paired board.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has what, 18 or so behind after the turn bet? So, by pushing you are basically calling a 26 dollar bet into a 48 dollar pot. He would have to be bluffing/have garbage here more than 50% the time to be profitable.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:20 PM

Did donkey call your push? Would you have passed if donkey pushed all in on the turn? If were willing to call an all in push from donkey, then maybe leading out for half the pot on the turn would have be better to get donkey's remaining stack in the pot.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:32 PM

I didnt know what the stubborn idiot might be plotting, so i checked. I was determined to get all-in with donkey if I could. I figured him betting was a pure bluff a good percentage of the time a bare T 50% of the time. If he doesnt bet the turn there is no free card that can help him.