Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Bottomset\'s Personal NC Thread

This was easily the biggest pot I have won at 1/2 - 42.5 BB! I hit the nut flush on the turn, ended up three way with second nut flush and...a pair of Js [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] CO says he folded a set of 7s.

Just curious - anybody seen a bigger pot? I'm sure there have been some, but this one blew my mind. The whole time at the river I was saying, "No straight flush!" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

BTW - how did I play the hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (30.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 42.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9d Kd (flush, king high).
Hero has 3d Ad (flush, ace high).
Button has 9c Js (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 42.50 BB. </font>
Old 11-03-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: A record pot at 1/2

post this in the no content thread

and i think you should have raised the flop the first time.

and CO probably did fold a set of 7s.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:08 AM

I'll even give you the link to the NC thread. Now you'll have it for future reference. This is the sort of thread I'll usually lock so that it will make way on the front page for strategy, but I've been backing off for new posters so as not to scare them off. We welcome strategy posts with open arms here, but please put brags and such in the NC thread.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:11 AM

Yes this is better placed in the NC thread. And I do think you should have raised the flop too.

To the OP: don't take it personally but I'm locking the thread since we have a designated NC thread. That is a pretty cool win though. Glad you took in a nice big pot. We just have a designated place for this stuff.

EDIT: Unlocking in deference to Wook's decision which he posted before I made this post.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:01 AM

bottomset made me do it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bottomset made me do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

only because I wanted to read it myself, and was too lazy to look for it

as a sidenote how many LC threads am I allowed? 10? 20? a full day worth of mayhem?

and if its 0, can I please have this thread as my own personal NC thread .. with you guys editing the title of the orig post to say so??

"Bottomset's personal LC/NC thread"
Old 11-03-2005, 03:40 AM

I'd like my own personal NC/LC thread too. Also, to the distinguished and zealous Moderators: Could you make it a sticky so I don't lose track of it? Thank you.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:43 AM

That is the biggest 1/2 pot I have ever heard of.

I don't consider this post low content. I consider it like a feature story in a respected newspaper.

Now if it was 32 BB, I would consider it LC. But are we willing to forgo seeing the interesting "feature stories" by lumping all of them into the same banal catagory and encouraging all of them to be placed in that void known as the LC Thread?

Cheers,
TB
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 AM

how did button make it to the river?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like my own personal NC/LC thread too. Also, to the distinguished and zealous Moderators: Could you make it a sticky so I don't lose track of it? Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

no stickies on threads that aren't locked, and no stealing my idea

[ QUOTE ]
how did button make it to the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get offtopic

this is my thread