Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 PM

Default GSIH Short Stack Strategy Questions

Just some questions after reading and trying this strategy.

1) How should the blinds be played? I read through the book looking specifically for that answer and game up empty. For example, when is completing the SB OK? Or calling a raise in the BB, etc.?

2) Do I really want to try to get all in with hands like 77? Seems like I'd really want to toss that one on the flop alot. But this leads to the one non-mechanical part of this system that would make or break you. The flop.

The reccomendation seems to essentially be, "If you think you are best, try to get all in, else fold."... Hmmm... that judgement could be tricky, no?

For example, let's say you made the obligatory 4xBB raise with AK. Now the flop is all low cards. Hmmm. Maybe things haven't changed and I'm still best? Maybe not? What to do?

The tricky part is in the word "think". If you're parnoid, you may play to tight, if you are wild, you may play far to loosely. Seems like this part of the system needs some defining, perhaps based on math or monte carlo sims of common flop situations?

3) Anyone know what the expected earn rate for this method is? The FAQ in this forum says 8BB/100 is expected, I guess for expert NL play. So where does this system fall?

4) Anyone know what the expected variance of this method is?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: GSIH Short Stack Strategy Questions

[ QUOTE ]
1) How should the blinds be played? I read through the book looking specifically for that answer and game up empty. For example, when is completing the SB OK? Or calling a raise in the BB, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play tight out of the blinds. Id be more specific but I am tired. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With a med to low PP I would probably avoind the allin with 2 broadway cards on the board..I think thats a reasonable guideline.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Anyone know what the expected earn rate for this method is? The FAQ in this forum says 8BB/100 is expected, I guess for expert NL play. So where does this system fall?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive seen people estimat 2-4 PTBB/100 but I dont know if anyone has played a substantial amount of hands to tell for sure.

[ QUOTE ]
4) Anyone know what the expected variance of this method is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance is going to be higher than normal.