Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Need Help With AdClicker-BA.dll Virus

I went to an IRC packet search website today (packetnews, which I suggest no one go there since those bastards infected me with this crap) and I got this virus. Whenever I start my computer, McAfee pops up right away saying that my C:/windows/system32/silent_ventura5.exe file has been infected by the AdClicker-BA.dll virus. It says it has been deleted.

The damn thing keeps coming back and whatever this POS McAfee is doing, it's not doing its job. I tried some free spywares (spyware blaster, ad-aware) and neither have fixed the problem either. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get rid of this?

It drives me nuts as everytime you surf a website, it takes text from a site and makes it a link to an ad. It also creates popup from ads on pages. I'm almost to the point of reformatting but I really don't want to do that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Need Help With AdClicker-BA.dll Virus

I doubt it was packetnews that infected you. I have been to that site a bunch of times, and it was always fine for me. Run a google search for the virus, and you can find detailed removal instructions I am sure.

C-Dog
Old 10-31-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Need Help With AdClicker-BA.dll Virus

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt it was packetnews that infected you. I have been to that site a bunch of times, and it was always fine for me. Run a google search for the virus, and you can find detailed removal instructions I am sure.

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

Positive it was because I got the warning message from there. If not them, then it was one of their ads, which I consider just as bad. I got a warning message when I first visited the site.

I've tried everywhere on the internet and it all says that normal virus scans should remove it, but mine doesn't. I assume I got some new version that's able to "hide" itself and nothing seems to remove it completely.