Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 PM

Default I need a book recomendation

I'm interested in a good book on valuation. One wich goes deep into the subject, I don't need theories and concepts, I want techniques with all the math involved.

Also I want a fairly new book, cause all the education I've had so far was from reading the inteligent investor and security analysis, in wich they discuss stocks from 1950 and such.

thx
Old 10-31-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: I need a book recomendation

Though I haven't actually read it (yet), I've heard lots of good things about "Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset, Second Edition" by Damodaran. [http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...6526?v=glance] I actually think there was a PDF version of this text floating around somewhere on the 2+2 stock market forum a few months ago.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:13 PM

Yeah, the Damodaran one's good. You may also want to check out McKinsey's thing.
Rappaport and Mauboussin's Expectations Investing is probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it might help.
-web
Old 11-01-2005, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Though I haven't actually read it (yet), I've heard lots of good things about "Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset, Second Edition" by Damodaran. [http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...6526?v=glance] I actually think there was a PDF version of this text floating around somewhere on the 2+2 stock market forum a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get it at www.damodaran.com and it's free.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a fantastic book and a fantastic site. Damodaran is awesome, I try to sit in on a couple of his classes each semester if I have free time. He has an unbelievable ability to explain the most complex ideas in a very simple way.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a fantastic book and a fantastic site. Damodaran is awesome, I try to sit in on a couple of his classes each semester if I have free time. He has an unbelievable ability to explain the most complex ideas in a very simple way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2005, 10:23 AM

Do/did you go to NYU?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 AM

No, I've read several of his books which are excellent IMO.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:02 PM

Okay. I had something abotu sitting in on his classes in my post that you quoted, so I thought maybe you went to school here.