Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Newbie Question About $$$ at SNG\'s for the experts

How much do some of you guys make on here playing SNG's and what limit do most of you guys play. Do you guys make enough to live on or is it more of a side job to support your main income. I would like to be able play SNG's for either a main source of income in college (where I am now) or at least some decent money on the side. and was wondering what kind of money I would be looking at if I decided to try and get serious and focus on developing a skillfull SNG strategy at high limits, basically if i became an excellent "pushbot", considering I can probably get in 20-30 sit n go's a day...thanks and sorry if you think the post is stupid but it's an honest question and I would like to know the answer, if you think it's stupid you don't have to reply. I tried the FAQ and the search and really didn't find anything specific on this.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Newbie Question About $$$ at SNG\'s for the experts

you have come to the right place.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:51 PM

Old 10-26-2005, 11:53 PM

God Complex, are you stanzee in disguise?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:58 PM

depending on how many tables and games you get in a day you can make substantial money. I will not tell you how much I make but I dont have any problems living a decent life.

this is my only source of income. it has been for 2 years this coming month now.

you could make lots of money or you could make no money. Some people just dont get sng's and they never will. The money varies..you can make 10 grand 1 month and nothing the next. as long as you get in your hours per day the money will come if you are a good player.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 AM

you are probably going to be flamed for this post, as questions like these get asked all the time and long time posters no longer have any patience for them. But I'll help you out honestly

Most players play $6-$33 games but the big pro's obviously play higher. Realistic and good profits are somehwere in the neighborhood of:

$11 15%-30% ROI
$22 10%-25% ROI
$33 10%-20% ROI
$55 5%-15% ROI
$109 5-10% ROI
$215 0-10% ROI
(at 109 and 215, any profit is great. Actually, any profit is great at all levels and you shouldn't worry too much anyways as your ROI will fluctuate so much for so long)

ROI means return on investment, so for example... a 20% ROI in $33 tourneys would be 33*.2 or, $6.60/tournament. Playing 24 of these a day would be a profit of 158 dollars a day. So yeah, it is really possible to make decent money and there are more than a handful of players who can make a small living even at the $22 and $33 games.

Fidel
Old 10-27-2005, 12:07 AM

thus... newbie question...thanks, that helps...anything else would still be helpful...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thus... newbie question...thanks, that helps...anything else would still be helpful...

[/ QUOTE ]

read anything by stanzee as he is the dan harrington of online poker forums.
Closed Thread