Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Can\'t connect to X-Party Servers

Starting 2 days ago (and just a little too coincidintal:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...p;PHPSESSID=n)
I can no longer connect to either Empire nor Europoet poker servers on my laptop, but I can however still connect to Party Poker. However, I have no trouble connecting via my desktop and I'm using the same internet connection (lan for desktop, but wireless for router, both hooked to the same router).

I've not changed any hardware, and (to the best of my knowledge) have not upgraged/changed any firewall (or other) settings. (It's a company laption, so it possible they did a remote push while I was connected to work via VPN, but unlikely)..

I got cryptic support notes from both: Try removing all cookies, reboot (duuh), reinstall. Tried all 3 to no avail.

Empire also emailed that that I need to have ports open per the following:

"We use TCP protocol and the ports 2047, 2147 for communication. Please ask your network administrator or the person in charge of maintaining firewall configuration to open up these ports for outgoing and incoming traffic, or allow the application to access the internet."

Anyone have a clue?????

thx
Old 10-23-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Can\'t connect to X-Party Servers

Hi, if you have found a solution for this, plesase let me know. I'm having the same problems with empire. Really annoying. I'd very much like to play on empire poker again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 10-23-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Can\'t connect to X-Party Servers

Anyone know if Party uses the same ports as empire and eurobet? If so, that's not my problem, as I can still connect to party.

I also used the "Trace" functionality on Party, and it came back bad... which is interesting, as I can play ther [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Problem Found

My company has updated their firewall software, and I no longer have privliges to access certain poker sites (WPC/UB are the only ones so far)... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]((
Old 10-28-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Problem Found

Thanks alot. Once i shut down my firewall(Zone Alarm) i could connect to Empire again. Right now i'm testing the free version of the Sygate SPF firewall. You can connect to Empire then, but i'm not yet sure if the firewall is good or bad.