Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Ethical question on nutpunching

When is it justifiable for a guy to commit the mortal man-sin against another guy? I'm sure we could all think of an extreme example where it's your only choice (feel free to provide one). How about the borderline situations though?

Here's a few, all of these are one on one:

A. You're at a party/bar/something and some guy about your weight and size sucker punches you out of nowhere, seemingly unprovoked, and starts kicking you repeatedly while you're down. You will probably be able to get up and fight back, though it's not a certainty. Do you nutpunch?

B. You're at a party/bar/something and you get in an argument with a guy much smaller and weaker than you. He swings at you, you shove him and he grabs a chair/stick/skateboardand and clocks you with it, knocking you down. He starts kicking you while you're down but very weakly. You can probably get up and fight back, but he'll still have the weapon. Do you nutpunch?

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He stands nearby waiting for you to get up so he can knock you out again. If you try to avoid fighting by staying down, he will stomp your face. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

D. You're at a bar/party/something and you get into an argument with a guy about your size. He makes it clear that you're fighting, whether you want to or not (think CT in that one Real World episode where he starts wailing on the pacifist guy and yelling "FWAAH" with each punch). He shoves/punches/does whatever to you as a warning to get your fighting boots on or he's just going to beat on you. The fight is completely fair. Do you nutpunch?

Feel free to add your own scenarios.

Edit: changed scenario C slightly.

Edit: added scenario D.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Ethical question on nutpunching

[ QUOTE ]
When is it justifiable for a guy to commit the mortal man-sin against another guy? I'm sure we could all think of an extreme example where it's your only choice (feel free to provide one). How about the borderline situations though?

A. You're at a party/bar/something and some guy about your weight and size sucker punches you out of nowhere, seemingly unprovoked, and starts kicking you repeatedly while you're down. You will probably be able to get up and fight back, though it's not a certainty. Do you nutpunch?

B. You're at a party/bar/something and you get in an argument with a guy much smaller and weaker than you. He swings at you, you shove him and he grabs a chair/stick/skateboardand and clocks you with it, knocking you down. He starts kicking you while you're down but very weakly. You can probably get up and fight back, but he'll still have the weapon. Do you nutpunch?

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He gives you a hard kick, and intends to give more. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

all 3 situations give them an advantage over me, all three situations they're fighting dirty, and in all 3 situations they will not be having children.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:23 PM

It's all about being a scrapper - take ANY advantage you see.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He gives you a hard kick, and intends to give more. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scenario A: fighting fair is for losers.

Scenario B: fighting fair is for losers.

Scenario C: fighting fair is for losers.

Hell yes, you nutpunch, claw, kick, eye gouge, skull [censored], whatever you can to end the threat. Oh, and scenario C I would not be in that situation. I don't fight, and haven't in years, but if I were to, it would be over something important, not some douche at a party.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM

To me, as soon as it leaves the realm of a punches only, "gentleman settling a dispute" type of fight and turns into a street brawl, I'm not holding back anything. Certainly if someone uses a weapon on me or kicks me they run the risk of getting punched in the nuts. I'm not going to the hospital or worse just to save my dignity.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM

I don't start fights, so if I'm in one, it's started on me. I'm a very laid back guy, don't think fighting is fun or cool, and anyone who gets me to fight has to have really worked hard at it and be a real bastard. So anyone by definition who fights me had better watch his nuts, because I wouldn't hesitate to attack them.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM

In all three scenarios, you better be damn sure the nutpunch effectively incapacitates your opponent, or they are going to be coming back with a vengeance, placing your own nuts in tremendous peril.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:28 PM

If I'm fighting, then I'm fighting to win. I'm generally stepping on a knee and head-butting before I'm going to the nuts, but that's just me.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM

The nutpunch is acceptable only under extreme life and/or ass peril.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all three situations they're fighting dirty,

[/ QUOTE ]

in scenario C, you started it and he's not jumping you while you're down.