Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Placeholder Thread for Jason_T to Talk About Budapest

I've been in Budapest for a day, but only on the Pest side of the river. Seems very beautiful and cosmopolitan so far, although not nearly as cheap as Prague (still cheaper than W. Europe however). Here's a picture of St. Stephen's Basilica I took around sunset.

-SmileyEH
Old 10-17-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Placeholder Thread for Jason_T to Talk About Budapest

[ QUOTE ]
I've been in Budapest for a day, but only on the Pest side of the river. Seems very beautiful and cosmopolitan so far, although not nearly as cheap as Prague (still cheaper than W. Europe however). Here's a picture of St. Stephen's Basilica I took around sunset.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Those guys are [censored] obsessed with St. Stephen. You will be sick of hearing about the guy by the time you leave.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:43 PM

go to a bath house, go caving, and go to a beergarden. all good times. also buda castle is the MONEY.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:45 PM

With the bird flu possibly spreading through Eastern Europe I am kind of glad I got out of there when I did. Have fun anyways.

My next European trip I will try to hit up most of the former Soviet States before they all start converting to the Euro.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My next European trip I will try to hit up most of the former Soviet States before they all start converting to the Euro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I met a guy in prague that had just finished a trip through that area and he said it was fantastic, although he told me to stay away from the seafood.

-SmileyEH
Old 10-17-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I met a guy in prague that had just finished a trip through that area and he said it was fantastic, although he told me to stay away from the seafood.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of me wanting to go comes from talking with other travelers who all talk the places up as being cheap and beautiful and not filled with tourists. When they convert to the Euro I see two of these three qualities dissolving.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:54 PM

Smiley,

I don't know if you saw the prague contact thread, but apparently we missed each other at the same hostel by about 1 week.

Would have been quite fun to meet up with another 2p2'er while in Prague. Just kind of curious, have you been telling people you make your money from playing poker? (Or maybe you actually have a real job?)
Old 10-17-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Smiley,

I don't know if you saw the prague contact thread, but apparently we missed each other at the same hostel by about 1 week.

Would have been quite fun to meet up with another 2p2'er while in Prague. Just kind of curious, have you been telling people you make your money from playing poker? (Or maybe you actually have a real job?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah...sorry, I completely forgot about that - finding wireless has been shaky past few days. Sir Toby's was fantastic eh? I haven't been like volunteering the info, but if people ask me what I do, or how I plan to travel for so long I tell them. The vast majority think it's really cool and ask the standard round of questions.

-SmileyEH