Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Micro 6 max: KJs

My only read on the villian in this hand was that he seemed slightly trickier than the average .50/1.00 6 max opponent. Comments on all streets are appreciated. I raised the river thinking that the paired board counterfitted my opponent's 2-pair. I think calling his 3bet on the river was bad. Anything else?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 10-17-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Micro 6 max: KJs

I wouldn't have raised that river. I would have capped the flop though
Old 10-17-2005, 12:23 AM

Against a tricky opponent, I would raise the turn (against an average opponent I would either cap the flop or raise the turn). I have a hard time folding on the river, although I'm not sure I raise it in the first place.

Were you going to raise the river if the board didn't pair? Say the river card was the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for example.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have capped the flop though

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put BB on when he bet-3bets the flop?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you going to raise the river if the board didn't pair? Say the river card was the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

No
Old 10-17-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My only read on the villian in this hand was that he seemed slightly trickier than the average .50/1.00 6 max opponent. Comments on all streets are appreciated. I raised the river thinking that the paired board counterfitted my opponent's 2-pair. I think calling his 3bet on the river was bad. Anything else?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not put a trickly player on two pair after he 3-bets the flop. But since you only have a weak read, I don't mind just calling the 3-bet, but I'd rather call down from there, even with the river pairing. Capping the flop is a good option, but if he leads again, you shouldn't raise anymore.

If you're going to throw in another raise, do it on the turn. Tricky aggressive players can 3-bet the turn with bad hands, but it takes a very aggressive player to 3-bet the river with a bad hand. Calling the river 3-bet is worse than raising.

Did he have something like 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the flopped pair+flush draw? Tricky players love those hands.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:33 AM

What does he think you have here?

He could be betting Jx, JT, QJ, 99, 88, any pair, any 7...
I think you're ahead on the flop, so I cap it.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:42 AM

Then I think you were putting him on too narrow of a hand range (exactly J2) for a flopped 2 pair to think the river counterfuited his hand. It's unlikely the turn 3 made his 2 pair given the flop 3 bet.

I'm not sure what exacly tricky for this player means but I don't think the river was a good card for you. If you were ahead the flop/turn is a better place for a raise.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:48 AM

The only concievable hand that river cracks is J2 and I think that's too narrow of a range. Either you are raising the turn or river on any brick or you are simply calling down. And, I like how you played this up till that river.