Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2003, 06:55 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default yes, i like this tourney player

after recieving a couple messages about my 'disdain' for tourney players, i decided to give kudos to one that impressed me. btw, my disdain isnt aimed at all tourney players, just the blowhard, highly overrated and obnoxious ones.

Gus Hanson was fun to watch. talking about having control over the table. this type of player can be a handful, pain in the ass in ringgames also. especially if he's hitting hands. it can be a long wait for the cards to turn. many of the remarks about him were what many players should strive for, IMO.

'can't put him on a hand' is what many said.

fearless with any cards. and not very much emotion with his play. there was some, but not much. usually when bet into, but not when betting. but the guys betting/raising into him still werent sure and looked like they were somewhat betting in the dark. not knowing if this was the hand he had it or not.

and winning with his 35os sure helped his image. too bad the allin player may have cost him some chips on that one. of course, if he'd have stayed in and hit a 7 on the end making a FH, views of that hand would be very interesting.

this was one of the best displays of mind games ive seen so far in the series. (i cant remember the 1st one he won. i may have missed it)

i still think van patten should take a hike. i think he cheapens the broadcast. but maybe that's what will draw new players .

i also liked cunningham, though i didnt see much of that one. i was just glad the australian idiot didnt win it. although, he did add some life to the table...as he held up the game to 'pick a card' to show.

have a good 'un

b
Old 06-01-2003, 04:18 PM

Default Re: yes, i like this tourney player

"i was just glad the australian idiot didnt win it."

how could you like gus nad not like that aussie guy? i thought the aussie guy was great. he was really angering his opponents and it was humorous tv. that guy definitely will bring some new players to the cardrooms.

overall it was another very entertaining show and seeing the 2+2 commercials was terrific. looking at stupak's face on the other hand was terrifying. did he have plastic surgery or a stroke or both? my wife screamed when he first came on the set.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:05 PM

I haven't seen any of these events. (This is the WPT thingy?) 2+2 comercials? What are those like?
Old 06-01-2003, 05:07 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

stupak has a very 'joker' (batman) looking face. not sure the reason. but who knows. seems like a very cool guy though.

my main complaint with the aussie guy was that he held up the game. i dont mind a guy yapping, but keep the game moving. but that may just be the grinder in me coming out. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

b
Old 06-01-2003, 05:22 PM

i thought the aussie guy was great.

"It's ..... a ...... FLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

looking at stupak's face on the other hand was terrifying.

Creepiest of all, those lips.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:37 PM

"(This is the WPT thingy?)"

yeah.

"2+2 comercials? What are those like?"

it's just mason standing there holding up two cards, AKo, for about 20 seconds and then some old lady walks up to him and says "where's the beef?"
Old 06-01-2003, 05:50 PM

looking at stupak's face on the other hand was terrifying. did he have plastic surgery or a stroke or both? my wife screamed when he first came on the set.

. . .I thought I was going to turn to stone looking at him. .
Old 06-01-2003, 06:04 PM

Bob Stupak was in a bad motorcycle accident on March 31st 1995 in Las Vegas at the corner of Rancho & Mason.

Stupak suffered massive face and head injuries, a fractured pelvis and a broken wrist and ankle. He was in a coma until April 12th 1995. His son (then 19) suffered a broken leg in the accident as well.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:41 PM

Default Re: yes, i like this tourney player -about the rain, Bernie.

Give it a rest bernie,as far as inches per year its not much different then San Franciscos rainfall.Granted there are many gray days, but from July thru October you have sunny days,balmy nites, temperture in the 70s and 80s. I lived in the Seattle area for 30 yrs and not only is the weather great, the poker is very good.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: yes, i like this tourney player -about the rain, Bernie.

Actually Seattle has a higher average rainfall 65% higher than San Francisco. Over 30 inches vs 20 inches

Seattle Average Rainfall

San Fransisco average rainfall