Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Multiple Vid. Cards that are different

Question about using more than one video card. Let me provide my current set-up:

1 PCI DVI+VGA card, both outputs occupied (the VGA w/ an actual VGA-only LCD, the DVI occupied by 2001FP).

I just ordered a second 2001FP and I read in oreogood's recent thread that it's best to have it plugged into a DVI port (which makes sense and I'd like it that way anyway).

Now, my desktop has an AGP slot, but I don't want to pay 100+ for a dual DVI card to replace what I have now (and thus reinstate my onboard VGA for the 3rd monitor). Besides, my motherboard is only set for 2x4x and newegg doesn't have them for that.

So, are there any foreseeable issues with installing a DIFFERENT second PCI card (i.e. different cards, any kind of software and/or hardware conflicts, etc). Is this going to shorten the life of my PC w/ all the heat being produced (even though PCI card #1 has a fan on it and # 2 looks like it will have nothing but heat-sinks on it).

thanks for the help.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Multiple Vid. Cards that are different

I posted this early in the a.m. Just in case. Sorry.

<BUMP>