Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Is this a standard play?

Reads: UTG is loose passive, MP2 is loose aggressive. He's been raising preflop with hands like J8s, A4o.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 calls</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 raises, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

I really want to knock the loose passive out here. But he will have none of it.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Gutshot+overcard=gimme that free card.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Double Gutshots are tasty. And are free cards

River: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Laggish? Terribly standard? Donktastic?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Is this a standard play?

[ QUOTE ]
Reads: UTG is loose passive . . .

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume the UTG read is actually UTG+1, since UTG is not in the hand? Given that, no, this is not standard. I think this is a suicide raise.

But excellent job on the runner-runner.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:30 PM

i dont get the pf 3 bet unless you worded your reads wrong. Other than that, do you think your ace is good? i dont. I would just call on the flop. given reads (see they are confusing) there is a good chance MP2 might 3 bet you or not give you a free card. nice turn and river.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:33 PM

Converter messed up, MP2 raised, i 3 bet him to isolate. Didn't notice it till now
Old 10-13-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Converter messed up, MP2 raised, i 3 bet him to isolate. Didn't notice it till now

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i dont like the free card play with this crazy guy, since they dislike it so much and try to deny you it. pf is good, nice table.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there an arched eyebrow smiley?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 AM

This is ludicrous. You are playing badly. (1) do not try to isolate lags with mediocre hands like A10o. Pick your spots better. A10o is mediocre and there is no reason to put three sb into a pot you have no commitment to. (2)The flop raise is horrible. Sure yo got a free card and made runner runner straight but most of the time you aren't going to get that free card AND your draw aint that good you know? What if you get three bet = catastrophe. Turn, River are standard.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:07 AM

What on God's green earth are you talking about? AT is *more* than enough to isolate a lag with. What are you waiting for, AK?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What on God's green earth are you talking about? AT is *more* than enough to isolate a lag with. What are you waiting for, AK?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. I like the whole hand. The flop raise is risky, but you'd really like to knock out the 3rd player and get this HU against villian, where your A-high might be enough.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is ludicrous. You are playing badly. (1) do not try to isolate lags with mediocre hands like A10o. Pick your spots better. A10o is mediocre and there is no reason to put three sb into a pot you have no commitment to. (2)The flop raise is horrible. Sure yo got a free card and made runner runner straight but most of the time you aren't going to get that free card AND your draw aint that good you know? What if you get three bet = catastrophe. Turn, River are standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wont be playing many hands if you let LAG:s get away too easy. Don't always follow your preflop chart. ATo is a good hand to isolate someone who raises far too light. Punish 'em!!!