Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 02:50 PM

Default TPTK turns into nut flush-- line check?

Line check on all streets-- villian is your typical fish, no specific reads but has not done anything noteworthy. Consider him your model 25NL player.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($46.20)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($38.30)</font>
<font color="#C00000">CO ($23.70)</font>
Button ($41.55)
SB ($21.20)
BB ($41.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($5.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, Button folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($13.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero...?

If I check here since he raised I may allow him to induce a bluff. If I bet here it screams strength, but I might get a call from a paint-high flush.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: TPTK turns into nut flush-- line check?

bet more on the flop.

on the turn, pretty much anything you do will tell him "i have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]". if you check, he's probably checking behind everything except maybe the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], so i'd prefer to bet out...maybe he has a set and will call you.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM

You gotta bet the turn. You will not win a big pot here. Your only hopes is he has a set and will be willing to chase a boat. I bet close to full pot.

BTW, I fold pre-flop usually.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I fold pre-flop usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, twice in fact
Old 10-10-2005, 04:18 PM

bet it and pray he has the king....he'll probably call down with that. If he doesn't have a club he's checking so you have to bet....if he has a big club or a set he might call....don't give him odds if he has a set....so i'd probably bet more than half pot.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:21 PM

I dont mind pf calls at all. Bet more on flop and check turn to induce a bluff. value extraction for this hand is much harder oop
Old 10-10-2005, 04:25 PM

Default A little irony...

I don't mean to be rude, but...

[ QUOTE ]
villian is your typical fish.... Consider him your model 25NL player.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then:

[ QUOTE ]
UTG raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75 (with AJos out of position), CO raises to $1.25, Button calls $1.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50 (hero now calls raise and a reraise oop with AJos).

[/ QUOTE ]

Now clear how that's not 'typical fish' or 'model $25NL' player. You don't think your hand is likely dominated? What are you hoping for exactly? Unless you hit a 2 pair, a straight or flush draw... in the face of 2 raisers... what do you think you're ahead of?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:56 PM

Fold preflop, lead more on flop, reraise on flop
Old 10-10-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: A little irony...

I dont mind the initial call of .75 if this is a typical 25nl player. Hes ahead of most 25nl maniacs pf raising range. His call of .75 justifies his calling of .50 more because now hes getting 6-1 if Im reading right. Granted, you might be dominated but im folding nothing that i felt compelled to call an early position raiser here getting 6-1.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Can't believe people are slaming the preflop call. Pot odds alone justify it. No way I'm folding AJ in position against an average NL25 player's 3xbb raise. When it comes back round to closing the betting for 50c more I'm not folding, what hands do you think the two villians have that have you at less than 15%? Only if one holds AA and you can't reason that from the action so far.

On the flop I'd bet $4/$5, as played I'd call the min raise and take the hand on. I did consider a reraise here which isn't a bad option. You're 45:55 against AA and 49:51 against an overpair with a club in it so even worst case is not a disaster. However since you probably have minimal fold equity a call is good.

Once you hit the flush bet it as strong as you can. If he's got an overpair without a club or air he may well let it go but thats life. If he's got an overpair with a high club you'll get good value.