Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 05:29 PM

Default Can Ya Blame Her?

I mean really. Trying to cheat the express line- I hate that. Put the boots to them, that's what they deserve.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Can Ya Blame Her?

At least in Massachusetts, they have the express line gramatically correct as "X items or FEWER." Here in Calfornia they all say "X items or LESS," which is wrong. So it's not just their politics that are correct in MA. . .

Me, I like to fill up my basket so it's overflowing (including the bottom part that nobody else uses), then find someone who's only buying a can of Pepsi, and ask them if they mind if go ahead of them . . .
Old 02-15-2002, 07:05 PM

"Me, I like to fill up my basket so it's overflowing (including the bottom part that nobody else uses), then find someone who's only buying a can of Pepsi, and ask them if they mind if go ahead of them . . ."

Sincy you're my cyberfriend I'm going to give you some advice Andy. If you continue this behaviour you're going to end up like that poor lady walking home from the grocery store. I don't want that to happen to you my friend. I also don't want you to waste your precious time in the check-out line. As such I recommend watching the WWF on a regular basis. Not only is it great entertainment - drama, smokin' hot babes, displays of athletic prowess - you will also learn how to defend yourself against those take the moral high ground check out line thugs who think they are the LAW. So be sure to tell the ol' lady to keep the fridge stocked with cold brewskis and not to expect any "quality time" this Monday as you will be otherwise occupied watching Monday Nitro. Cheers brother and here's to hoping The Rock and Triple H can save the WWF from the savagery of the NWO.

PS - I also recommend betting in the dark. Unlike Tommy I usually do it right before the river card comes and I'm heads up. I've found it to be a pretty effective weapon, both in getting people to fold and getting them to call.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:40 PM

Compounded when they start looking thru their purse for a checkbook after being given a total.

If I wasn't busted all the time I'd pay for the groceries of everyone who uses a check just to speed up the line. Nothing more frustrating than have to wait behind 1 or 2 such inconsiderate people.

Old 02-15-2002, 08:14 PM

Funny, I never thought about people in MA using terms like "Commenced a whooping on me."
Old 02-15-2002, 08:49 PM

Default LOL! [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] n/m *NM*

Old 02-16-2002, 04:01 AM

This is too good to be true. It sounds like every one involved will need a good lawyer. If they accepted checks at that particular express lane, the store might need representation too.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:09 AM

It's even better when, for 12 items, they have 12 expired coupons for the wrong products.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:55 PM

I think the store is on the hook anyway for negligently failing to strictly enforce the 12 item rule. They could have hired counters to screen customers before they got in line. They should have known this would happen. [img]/images/smile.gif[/img]

I'm kidding, but it could happen.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:40 PM

'dangerous weapon (shod foot). '

well, ive been calling for footgear registration for years. maybe someone will listen now.

brad