Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Cheapest place to buy alcohol in the nor cal area?

I figured 2+2 would be the best group to answer this question. Anyways, I came up from So Cal and I actually have very little experience buying the booze myself, so what do you guys recommend? Choices include, but are not limited to, stores such as:

Safeway (Vons)
Costco
Sam's Club

You get the idea. Anyways, help here would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-08-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Cheapest place to buy alcohol in the nor cal area?

I don't live up there anymore, but assuming you're in a larger metro area, there should be a Beverages & More. Between that and Costco, you need nothing else.

Costco is by far and away the cheapest place for the big bottles of mainsteam liquor, beer, and wine. they have staple brands but every time I went there it seems like there was a new liquor/liqueur in a huge bottle I had never seen before. I have never been to a Sam's Club but I assume it's similar.

Beverages and more has the best prices on specialty iteams including high end scotch, cognac, and tequila. Also, the BevMo sale prices sometimes are better than costco. Plus Bevmo will price match any of the Costco prices, but you have to ask a manager and not one of the regular workers. Also, if you go in on a Saturday, they have free wine/beer tastings as well as fairly knowledgable workers.

All that being said, it is of great importance that you check the Rite Aid, Safeway, and Albertson's ads weekly. They can not compete with Costco and BevMo's regaulr prices, but they sometimes have absolute steals on their sale items. The $11.99 Bottle of DiSaranno Amaretto and $12.99 handle of Smirnoff stand out as some of the insane prices Rite-Aid had when I was in school (2000-2004).