Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Too loose

We are playing some 3-5 players NL HE tournaments with blinds increasing every 20minutes. Everyone but me is so loose that they will call almost anything when the flop comes and they have just 2 over cards (if it's ½ of their stack). Or they will call anything PF. How do I play against these players if I don't catch any cards and go low on chips? I just go all in with some middlesuiteds?
Yesterday I got 500~ left the blinds were 40/80 and I go all in with KK, the player behind me goes all in and button calls (button was chipleader at the time around 2,5kt~ , 5,000t total chips).
Button had 68o and the player behind me J8o. You see where I'm getting right? The payout is winner takes all.
When it gets from 5->3 players I should be a maniac right? But how do I do it with this loose players. I know I have to valuebet very much and I do it. I think I just need to get my chips in PF so I don't need to face tough decisions postflop right?
Advices appreciated, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Too loose

Sounds like you need to A) play with better players, or B) hand these players a book.

I think you've got the right idea. Just let them battle it out until you get to top 3/top 2, then start to mix it up real good.

But there may really not be anything you can do. The worse the players you're playing against are, the more luck comes into play.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Too loose

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you need to A) play with better players, or B) hand these players a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both excellent ideas. You should also:

C) Pay other players $5.00 for every hand they play against you, and D) burn hundred dollar bills for warmth and for fun.

Why don't you like money?