Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Reg Edit?

How do I run a "reg edit" using party poker?

I was given the program for Empire, but was wondering if someone could help me out with party?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Reg Edit?

Go to start menu, select "Run...", enter "regedit" in the Open field of the Run popup window.

But all that does is run the Registry Editor. All of your Windows registry settings are there, including Party Poker and way more. What is it you want to achieve?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:21 PM

I'm confounded by this post too.

My advice would be that if you don't know what regedit is, and don't know how to run it, just leave it alone. The potential to damage your OS is too great.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:46 PM

I suspect it's to do with removing a key so another Party skin doesn't realise a previous one was installed. Probably more suited to the Internet Gambling forum.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:39 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

Perhaps this post will help: Installing Party Skins.

But if you don't know what you're doing with the Registry, you can easily hose your machine by mucking with it. Don't do it without being certain you understand exactly what the steps mean.

Easiest is to open your account on another computer that has never had Party or a skin installed, then install the software on your computer, and log in. Once you have an account, you should be fine; it only checks for other skins when you try to register a new account (at least, that's my experience; I can run Party and Empire with no problems).

-Mike