Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Empire

There are too many arguments going on around here and I don't know enough about what questions are okay and what questions are not okay so I am just going to try:

I opened an Empire account a few years ago before I knew what rakeback was. I want someone to tell me what I have to do to either (1) add rakeback to my existing account or (2) close my current account and open a new one with rakeback.

I am sure tons of people have the same question. I am not interested in percentages or anything like that. I simply want to know how I can end up playing at Empire and get rakeback even though I already have an account there.

If this post breaks the rules, sorry about that. If these types of responses are not allowed, then someone please message me. Like I said, I don't know what the rules are. I just want rakeback! I didn't know what rakeback was when I started.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Empire

i recommend going to another skin. if thats not a viable option, i hope that an affiliate will come on here and explain this process for empire.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:05 AM

This question does not break the rules.

I would look into getting rakeback from another skin. Many affiliates will tell you there are ways to get it if you already have an account, but these methods def fall under a gray area. Closing accounts (and reopening six months later) or opening new accounts under your wife/gf's name are common practices... I am not saying to do this, but I am saying it does go on.

My advice: look into another skin.

-Ryan
Old 10-04-2005, 02:06 AM

That's the other problem. I was a whore and did all the bonuses so that option is out.

I do have rakeback at one other skin but I don't like playing there. Thus, I wish to move to Empire. My affilliate there has been great so that isn't a problem. I just don't like the site.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the other problem. I was a whore and did all the bonuses so that option is out.

I do have rakeback at one other skin but I don't like playing there. Thus, I wish to move to Empire. My affilliate there has been great so that isn't a problem. I just don't like the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact your affiliate and tell him what you do not like about it. If you are with a good affiliate he will make sure these changes get made. The sites want you playing on them and they will make changes to keep you.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:09 AM

I also don't wish to apen accounts under family member names. I want it to be legit. I would also rather not wait six months either.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't wish to apen accounts under family member names. I want it to be legit. I would also rather not wait six months either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Tax implications for family is not something to mess with.

rJ
Old 10-04-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i recommend going to another skin. if thats not a viable option, i hope that an affiliate will come on here and explain this process for empire. we at raketracker dont do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a profit stand point I dont understand this at all.

Currently Empire has zero chance of getting my business. However, it is the skin i want to play if i could get rakeback there. The ONLY way for empire to get my money is to get the switch to happen. The only way for an affiliate who wants some of my action is to make this happen.

Its like this for a lot of people.

rJ
Old 10-04-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i recommend going to another skin. if thats not a viable option, i hope that an affiliate will come on here and explain this process for empire. we at raketracker dont do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a profit stand point I dont understand this at all.

Currently Empire has zero chance of getting my business. However, it is the skin i want to play if i could get rakeback there. The ONLY way for empire to get my money is to get the switch to happen. The only way for an affiliate who wants some of my action is to make this happen.

Its like this for a lot of people.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you signed up through an affiliate and then you demanded to be switched to one that offered rakeback. Would this be fair to the first affiliate?

I agree that this is a huge problem for many users. This is why affiliates are told to go after new accounts. There is no easy solution and there never will be.

-Ryan
Old 10-04-2005, 02:51 AM

This is what I think is stupid.

When I signed up on Empire back in the day, I went to EmpirePoker.com and signed up directly from them. I am 99% sure I do not belong to some secret affiliate there. Therefore, I would not be screwing anyone over. Also, I find it unfair that people with new accounts can get rakeback while existing accounts get shut out just because they didn't know it existed when they signed up. And no, they would not lose money by adding me because I only currently play there when there is a reload bonus. So, allowing me to add rakeback to my current account only makes sense for the site as they would bring in more business from me. They aren't currently getting it so they would lose nothing.