Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Quality of Cotton Candy

We took the tot to Pixieland, a tiny ones amusement park, yesterday. She had her first cotton candy. And her first insulin shot. Just kidding.

The cotton candy is good, but when it melts it leaves this gob of sticky residue in my mouth. It seems that when I was a kid, cotton candy would melt into a sweet nothingness. That was a big part of its appeal.

Has cotton candy gone cheap, or did it always leave this residue and I'm to senile to remember?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Quality of Cotton Candy

High quality cotton candy has fibers that are far apart. Meaning, there's a lot of air in it, making it cottony in the process. Low quality cotton candy has fibers that are very close together. Meaning, there's very little air but there's a lot of sugar. Low quality cotton candy leaves residue but high quality cotton candy doesn't, just sweet nothingness. The cotton candy at Wal-Mart leaves a lot of sticky residue.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:49 AM

Thanks. Cheap bastards, I knew it.

'Cheap bastards' is my answer for a lot of things, lately. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
High quality cotton candy has fibers that are far apart. Meaning, there's a lot of air in it, making it cottony in the process. Low quality cotton candy has fibers that are very close together. Meaning, there's very little air but there's a lot of sugar. Low quality cotton candy leaves residue but high quality cotton candy doesn't, just sweet nothingness. The cotton candy at Wal-Mart leaves a lot of sticky residue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes....the science of cotton candy.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:54 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i think it might also depends on how you suck it, and the amount you put in your mouth.
cuz i know sometimes i'd intentionally try to get big gooey clumps in my mouth cuz it was fun.

... enjoy.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it might also depends on how you suck it, and the amount you put in your mouth.
cuz i know sometimes i'd intentionally try to get big gooey clumps in my mouth cuz it was fun.

... enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody? Anybody?

(hung this curve on purpose, didn't you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 10-02-2005, 11:02 AM

If you eat big chunks of cotton candy you would naturally be maximizing the amount of your cotton candy fibers intake, resulting in more gooey residue (the air to fiber ratio would shrink in proportion to how much we put in our mouths at one time). But if a little kid did the same I don't think he would reach the minimum critical mass in which gooey mass would result. His mouth would be too small. This is true even if he is eating low quality cotton candy. He just wouldn't be able to put enough volume in. This explains why when we were kids we wound up with sweet nothings after the melt even though we thought we stuffed our mouths to the limit. Now that we are adults we get disappointed.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

... enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should tell Gorie this thread is about cotton candy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 11:41 AM

Kinda feel bad for Mushu, 'cause I appreciate his straight answer, because it was a legit question.

But you have to tread lightly around gorie, she will pwn your sorry ass w/o you even knowing it.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:52 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i was giving a straight answer too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]