Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 04:28 AM

Default QQ UTG+1 in Ultimate Bet 24+2

I've been catching pretty good cards and I have the big stack at my table with around 4500 chips. I called one shorty's allin for 350 with A10 in the SB and busted his 5s. Only other hands I've shown down were AQ for TPSK and KQ for a split nut straight. Villain has been playing tight/aggressive. He has around 3000 chips. He has taken most of his pots without showdown, but he did gamble it up against a chip spewer with a pair+flush draw. Blinds are 80/160. I open for 480 with QQ in UTG+1 -- standard raise of 3BBs. Villain reraises me 1000 more. This is the first reraise I've seen from him preflop, although others at the table have come over the top preflop with as weak as Q10s and AJo. What should I do?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: QQ UTG+1 in Ultimate Bet 24+2

Maybe this would be a better question: rate folding, calling, stop-and-go or pushing in order from best to worst.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:38 AM

I call and push a non AK flop.

If he has AA or KK I was meant to bust this hand.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this would be a better question: rate folding, calling, stop-and-go or pushing in order from best to worst.

[/ QUOTE ]
Best to worst.
Stop-and-go on non AK flop.
Push.
Fold.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:43 AM

pushing on a non A/K board is just creating more fold equity you want value, he's at 1500, if you check to him on the flop he's gonig to bet, and probably allin.

So check-call his flop bet if theres no A no K.

But that said..

Push PF.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:44 AM

Good point.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 AM

Best to worst

1)Stop and Go on nonscary flop(one person said no AK,good)
2)Push
3)Call and then pot sized bet on non AK flop or some other non all in move. I see this as a call and push or call and fold so maybe I shouldn't have a 3)
4)Fold
Old 09-30-2005, 05:53 AM

Exitonly's reply is good too. If you check, then he'll probably push regardless of whether he hit or not. So call preflop and then slow play the non scary flop. Of course if he checks behind you and an Ace comes on the turn you're boned. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 05:59 AM

Exit: Just to be clear -- do you think push preflop is optimal? Why is this line better than calling and checkraising a non-scary flop? (I pushed preflop by the way, I'm just curious to hear why you guys favor one or another line before I say what I was thinking. Sorry if this hand is really standard, it's a situation I've run into a few times and it always means a lot of chips either way.)
Old 09-30-2005, 01:48 PM

I think whether to push preflop with QQ here depends on only one thing: Would a random, fairly tight-aggressive low-stakes MTTer make this kind of preflop reraise with AK?

If yes, I think pushing is good. My logic is if his range of reraising range here is ONLY AA, KK and AK, I am still a 60/40 favorite 16/28ths of the time and a 20/80 dog 12/28ths of the time.

I'm betting 1500 to win 3600 or so, meaning I need only to be better than a 2.4 to 1 dog to make the push correct and I'm only a 1.5 to 1 dog against the tightest range. If I add in 10% bluff factor and the odd call with JJ, the odds are juicier.

I suppose my question is this. Are you ever up against an opponent in a low buyin MTT whose reraise preflop only means AA or KK, and you could muck QQ with no problem? I don't have pokertracker, but this guy's VPIP% was probably around 20 and like I said, in our 80-100 hands at the table, he had never reraised preflop before.

Of course he flipped up KK and I lost a large chunk. I'm not trying to be results-oriented, just trying to make sure the push wasn't completely stupid.