Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:09 PM

Default A Tale of Two Hands.

These are two hands I observed last night at the Party 10/20. The first is a great example of how to win the least and loose the most in a hand by Mr. TooAGG.

The second happened right after and I think, after observing the bad play by Mr. TooAGG in the first hand, the new opponent plays at him thinking he can't have much if he's willing to throw bets at the pot so casually as indicated by the first hand. And then this new player too assures himself of loosing more than he should.

I think this happens a lot to multi-tablers but to us all sometimes, though hopefully nowhere nearly as bad as this. Paying attention to what a player is putting bets in with is just as important as labeling them a soft seat who bets light.

In a completely different hand on a different table, I was irritated at myself for calling a LAG down with Ace-high when I knew he raised any pairs but only sometimes with suited connectors and he was LAG preflop but not post flop. But I had limped in EP with a big suited ace and was enamored with my hand rather than playing to my read.

Preflop: BigEndian is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TooAGG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TooAGG bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TooAGG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TooAGG 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results:
BB has Kd Ah (two pair, kings and threes).
TooAGG has 9h 9d (two pair, nines and threes).

Preflop: BigEndian is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, TooAGG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">TooAGG bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">TooAGG raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results:
BB has 6c 4h (two pair, sixes and twos).
TooAGG has Kh Jc (two pair, jacks and twos).
Old 09-29-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: A Tale of Two Hands.

I don't understand. Those hands could've happened 4 weeks apart and I'd still raise the BB's bet on the turn.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:16 PM

Did you change the TAG's hand? I thought it was 44 at first. His turn 3-bet sucks.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:16 PM

BB is giving TooAGG too much action even though he raises light post flop. TooAGG played horribly in the first hand, his opponent played horribly in the second. Should have made that more clear, will edit the post.

- Jim
Old 09-29-2005, 02:17 PM

MY hand was 44, I folded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

- Jim
Old 09-29-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MY hand was 44, I folded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
I suck at reading. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 02:40 PM

clearly you need to work on getting to the flop on hands you will runner runner boats.

but seriously... i think your points are well illustrated