Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 03:08 PM

Default full ring, AKo in the blinds...

I don't usually play full ring. But this table was especially juicy, but not much previous data for players. So i didnt want to play a big pot of position. Flop is decent, but lots of draws so I check. Turn blank leads me to believe im ahead. and the river he probably has a busted draw but i think its ok to keep the pot small here...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 9 handed) converter

MP1 ($195.28)
MP2 ($105.55)
MP3 ($264.45)
CO ($96.90)
Button ($100.45)
Hero ($187.50)
BB ($173.20)
UTG ($123.05)
UTG+1 ($97)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1.

Flop: ($9) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($9) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG+1 calls $6, MP1 folds, CO folds.

River: ($21) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $27
Old 09-25-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: full ring, AKo in the blinds...

Either check-call the river or bet at least half pot. You played the hand very weak/passively, so if someone raises your tiny river bet, you don't know if it's a set, a busted draw (probably much less that, I don't see many river bluff-raises), or just something like KJ that thinks he's good.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:47 PM

Bet flop.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:21 PM

I raise around 7BB preflop, I dont want to play AK OOP against a large field. I guess this changes the hand from then out though.

Back to the hand in question, I get nervous with 3 to act behind me, and might well check the flop too sometimes. Mostly though, I think I have to bet the pot. I want to discourage a continuation bet from the PF raiser and I want to be certain the draws that are likely dont get a free card.

I at least pot bet that turn given the previous action. I want a draw to make a mistake and call thinking I may be stealing and weak kicker kings to do likewise.

As a minimum on the end I bet 1/2 the pot. Anything less would be to provoke a LAG into a steal reraise.

I noted that converter shows this as a 9 handed 6 max game. I have no experience at all of this format so I may be way out of line here.