Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2003, 07:43 AM

Default Pocket A\'s - Easy Lay Down

Online .05/.10
I am in SB with AhAs. 3 limpers to me. I raise. BB calls as do the limpers.
Flop: 6h5c4h
I bet. BB raises. UTG re-raises and one LP caps it.
I folded the A's. Hopefully correctly. This was my thought at the time. Someone has 2 pair or a set. One drawing to a flush and one had a straight.
After the session ended I was thinking, what about drawing for the back door flush, boat or quads. I believe I would have been in trouble as there are only about 5 hearts that I could safely draw to. I would need runner runner A's for quads (at about 1000-1). If I catch an A on the Turn then pair the board for the boat, it could be to a card that completes quads or a straight flush for an opponent. I don't think I have ever folded A's on the flop before. Am I correct this time?
Old 05-11-2003, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Pocket A\'s - Easy Lay Down

Unless you are at a table full of maniacs, I think this is a good laydown. Most players don't like to raise and reraise on a scarry board like that without a good peice of it.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Pocket A\'s - Easy Lay Down

Actually, they DO like to raise with nothing but draws with boards like that. The last player very likely has a draw (he'd slow play, hehehe, if he had a set or straight). But the chances that all 3 of them have draws is pretty slim...

The only way Hero is in the hunt is if one has 2-pair and the other two draws. Even so, I'd guesstimate that its pretty close so folding costs only pennies, if that. Hero should certainly fold if he's up against a set or straight.

- Louie