Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:21 AM

Default LC: Who else slow rolls with AA short handed?

#Game No : 2760294065
***** Hand History for Game 2760294065 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:15988843 Level:9 Blinds(250/500) - Friday, September 23, 04:23:42 EDT 2005
Table Table 14011 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 5: Niceguy78 ( $5784 )
Seat 4: Hero ( $2216 )
Trny:15988843 Level:9
Blinds(250/500)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Qd 6d ]
Hero is all-In [1966]
Niceguy78 calls [1716].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, 6h, Kc ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3s ]
>You have options at Table 13837 Table!.
Hero [ Qd, 6d ] three of a kind, sixes.
Niceguy78 shows [ Ad, As ] two pairs, aces and sixes.
Hero wins 4432 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, sixes.
Game #2760294947 starts.

lol up until this point, this villain was playing very swiftly with no pause. So I push with this and he waits about a sweet 10 seconds or more and then calls.

I really try to have a good attitude at this game and treat people with respect. Stuff like slow rolling with the "nuts" is totally unnecessary. It's just so great that it turned around and bit him in the ass.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: LC: Who else slow rolls with AA short handed?

I agree slowplaying here is a waste of time usually becuase of the large blinds - but have you folded to a sequences of his raises up to this point?
Old 09-23-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: LC: Who else slow rolls with AA short handed? *DELETED*

Post deleted by tshort
Old 09-23-2005, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree slowplaying here is a waste of time usually becuase of the large blinds - but have you folded to a sequences of his raises up to this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood. I'm talking about slow rolling, not slow playing. I pushed all in. He realized he had AA so he wanted to be a jerk and acted like he had some weak hand, waited for 10 seconds or so and then called with a monster.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Before Citanul wakes up and deletes this absurdly stupid post...

That really bothered you?

Maybe he was so giddy with excitement that he jumped for joy before clicking the button.

I hope you lost this tournament after reading this post.

And you really think this is a low content post? I would have gone with ANC. Absolutely no content.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, some people are really on edge lately. There have been worst posts than mine in terms of no content. And hoping that I lose the tourney? That's kinda harsh as well.

Well, I agree that posters must follow the rules and if I get warned by a mod, then I'll learn my lesson and not post something of this nature again.

And as for you, I think you need to relax.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:35 AM

Oh, sorry, my bad.

Yeah, agree, it's stupid.

OTOH, I had fun slowrolling a guy last night though. He kept all-inning with garbage, and winning to the last 3 of the table. I asked him if he had to be somewhere, and he said he did, he was late for class, and he was pretty rude as well. Called me a 'D*chebag'.

So I started letting each hand time out. Drove him nuts, and he kept all-inning, but I was intending to wait him out till he had to go, and pick it up the easy way. Finally the 3rd all-inned with him, and lost AK to the maniac's Q8s. Soooo me and him.
Unfortunately I got bored, and all-inned with a wired pair (JJ I think), and he spiked an ace with an ace-rag all-in. He was going nuts though
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 08:37 AM

This dude Jerry i played a home game with, he slowrolled AA once. But we had a pretty full table that night, so it probably doesnt qualify as what you are looking for. If you only mean shorthanded...
I'm trying to think of who else...i know a few online players that i have seen slowroll obvious winners, but thats totally different, as they did not have AA on the hand. It would be pure speculation on my part as to whether they would or wouldn't slowroll AA. And, as to them doing this in a shorthanded game, as opposed to full ring, im not even going to venture a guess.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:38 AM

Could it just be that he was multitabling?

10 seconds is a bit too much. But, I'm sure I've made people wait 2-4 seconds when I'm 8 tabling and almost all tables are ITM or on the bubble and I need to act almost every other second.

Other than that, I'm not sure why this is of any importance. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:39 AM

After reviewing my post, I agree I was on the harsh side.

I deleted it because it is not a constructive post.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:52 AM

I agree slow rolling is not necessary, but maybe he was multitabling or there was some other reasonable excuse. However, saying it serves him right to lose the hand is a bad attitude to have. I have a big problem with this myself. But looking for "justice" in poker will only make you miserable, and is not productive. You will be much happier if you don't have such thoughts. I think this is a pitfall many players have and is the reason they get so upset with bad beats because they felt they "deserved" to win with the best hand. In poker there is no such thing as "deserve."