Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 07:50 AM

Default How do I not go on tilt after this?

Introducing a friend to poker. She starts out playing online at the low low games, 0.05-0.10. She's sort of playing half okay, then the following hand comes up.

Friend is dealt Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

One person folds and three people call to her, and she raises. One later person calls, the blinds call, and the limpers call, 7 see the flop:

K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Checked to friend, who leads out. 5 people call.

Turn

K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

The hand is checked through. And of course, the river is:

K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Providing my friend with her first Royal Flush, approximately 150 hands into her poker career. Furthermore, someone bets the river, and she ends up getting 4 way action on her raise.

Sometimes, I think there's a god of poker. And sometimes...I think there is only a devil.

Old 05-10-2003, 08:09 AM

Default Re: How do I not go on tilt after this?

It's annoying when a big hand goes to a newbie, if your peering in behind them at a home game and see a big full house, they say: should I bet? They don't see the beauty of the hand - I think I actually start to salivate when I see a hand like this.

If what your saying is it was unfortunate the hand happened in micro limits, I would just be sad the hand didn't happen on one of the sites that pays out big for royals/high hands.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:08 AM

Ok friend has become somewhat more experienced now, and I was enjoying watching her mop up the micro monkeys at Stars when the following hand arose!

She has graduated up to 0.25-0.50 now and posts the big blind to receive a nice K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] .

Its folded to the cutoff who open limps. The button calls and the SB raises. My friend calls and the other two also call, so 4 players see the flop:

A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets out and my friend raises. CO and button fold and SB 3bets. My friend 4bets (she's gotten rather aggressive lately!). SB calls.

Turn

A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks and friend bets. SB calls.

River

A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

Friend bets and is called. Her hand is good!

Now after a month of play, she has tied me in lifetime royal flushes. I wonder if the wrong one of us is giving advice [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 08:24 AM

How do you not go on tilt? When you lose $1 to a royal flush, no one will tilt.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:12 AM

Clearly she knows someone who works there. It must be rigged. I suggest you write to PokerStars and let them know about this "issue". <end pseudo sarcasm> [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 10:04 PM

I don't get it. Aren't you happy that your friend won the hand?

-- Homer
Old 06-01-2003, 10:12 PM

I don't understand how your friend receiving a one-card royal flush could put you on tilt...If you were involved in the hand and had wired Kings, and were beaten by 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] maybe I'd understand the tilt factor. But shouldn't you be happy for her?