Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 12:28 AM

Default In the blind against a single limper

Online $1/$2.

I have A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] in my big blind. One guy limps in middle position, everyone else folds.

The flop comes 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. In reality, I checked, the limper bet, I folded.

But it occurred to me after that it might be worth trying to buy the pot in this situation. I believe that I had a tight image to the table, and many people (including this limper) were folding occasionally to my bets (something that doesn't seem to happen very often) Does anybody try this, or am I starting to get too fancy?
Old 05-10-2003, 04:59 AM

Default Re: In the blind against a single limper

Yes, if you are playing in a tight game, you probably need to try this occasionally, but I don't think that this was the flop for it. Think about hands that a lot of players limp with, and look at this board. I think that it is likely that the limper got a lot more of the flop than you did. I would wait for a different opportunity.