Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Raised after flopping TP w/ AQ

.50/$1 NL. I bought in for $50. I have been at the table for one round, and my table image is laggy. So far I have won 3 pots uncontested. Twice with a bet on the flop. The hand right before this one, I won pre-flop by coming over the top of the pf raiser. I now have about $62.

I raise to $4 from MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and get one caller. The caller has about $140, and has been paying pretty tight.

Pot is $9.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet $7. Villain raises to $21.

What do I do?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Raised after flopping TP w/ AQ

If he has been playing tight for one orbit, I dont read too much into that. However, it appears as if people are painting you as a LAG, and might be trying to pick off a bluff. However, this is only a remote possiblity. I think you are way behind here, and probably shouldnt even comtemplate calling. Villian hit that flop too hard to be calling with just top pair.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Raised after flopping TP w/ AQ

Fold. If he is solid, you are usually behind.