Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Pokertracker

I was contemplating trying out pokertracker, the free trial version, because I have heard people say it helps. What can you learn by using pokertracker, how does it help you, is it worth the 50 bucks, and how do you start using it? i cant figure out how to put the information in to it. sorry i was just brainstorming all of my questions there. any answers would be helpful. thanks in advance
Old 09-20-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker

Lots of threads if you use the search function. A quick summary: it's not just helpful; if you're serious, it's critical. I use it mostly for Ring Games, not Tournaments, but it will give you vital stats on your play and that of your opponents. If you've ever wondered how tightly or loosely you play, which games are your best, how you do from any given position, who you're up against, etc. etc. etc., PokerTracker's got it. If you're a remotely profitable player the $55 cost is a pittance.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:49 PM

I agree with Levarkin. I primarily play tournamnets and I find it extremely useful as well. You can use it to analyze your own play extensively if you choose or just track the play of your opponents which is the feature i find most useful. Knowing how often your opponents put money in the pot, how aggressive they are, how often they PF raise, etc. etc. is invaluable information. And also is a great tool to keep track of your wins/losses if you are lazy doing it on your own. This does it for you.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:55 PM

hey just started trying this out yesterday as well. when you open PT click help and then getting started that will help you to get it set up and running.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:59 PM

You can't go wrong with a free trial.

Lori
Old 09-21-2005, 01:26 PM

I play sngs and I was confused about the importing process. I used the auto import function to start with but I think I also need to load the summaries from my email. I was wondering how I do that? Also would it be easier to just load the email HHs and skip the auto import process or do I just have to do both?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:32 PM

Why not go to the Poker tracker website and their forum an look at the FAQ and common questions section?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:38 PM

To add: I usually don't like something so much that I'd recommend it, but this is one of those things. Aside from all the stats features, the fellow who developed it offers, from my experience, fantastic technical support. Well worth the price.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:39 PM

if u are mainly a sng player, get sngpt before pokertracker...sngpt is at sngpro-analyzer.com, written by eastbay on this forum

if u are a ring player, pokertracker is great
Old 09-21-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not go to the Poker tracker website and their forum an look at the FAQ and common questions section?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because I had a question about it and there was a thread here.