Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 05:09 AM

Default should I of folded this house 20+2

Villan looks to me like hes made a house. He has gone from checking all the way to betting 480 in to a pot of 60. Player two called so probably has an ace. I have a house but is it good. What should I have done on this

rable '12793567 1' Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: bigolo (1620 in chips)
Seat 2: guit3457 (1460 in chips)
Seat 3: <font color="red"> Hero </font> (1470 in chips)
Seat 4: AW_Z3 (1470 in chips)
Seat 5: K9Brandi (1730 in chips)
Seat 6: PanJ (1440 in chips)
Seat 7: pokafiend (1480 in chips)
Seat 8: beesonosu (1330 in chips)
Seat 9: sirius144 (1500 in chips)
PanJ: posts small blind 10
pokafiend: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to <font color="red"> Hero </font> [6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
beesonosu: folds
sirius144: folds
bigolo: folds
guit3457: folds
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : calls 20
AW_Z3: folds
K9Brandi: folds
PanJ: calls 10
pokafiend: checks
*** FLOP *** [6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
PanJ: checks
<font color="red"> Hero </font>:Checks
*** TURN *** [6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
PanJ: checks
<font color="red">Hero </font> : checks
*** RIVER *** [6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
PanJ: bets 480
pokafiend: calls 480
<font color="red"> Hero </font> : calls 480
Old 09-20-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: should I of folded this house 20+2

You my friend, suffer from MUTBS (monsters under the bed syndrome).

You have earlier tried convincing yourself that folding an AA overpair is correct. Now you get a full house and don't bet it at all.

Stop being scared of losing hands. Play to win them. Bet your set on this flop. Try to get all your chips in on the turn. You are giving up so much value by playing scared that it may even be impossible for you to be a winning player.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:16 AM

ummm, I don't get this, why did you check the flop? why did you check the turn? imo this was a horribly played hand. as far as the river call, there has been so much weakness, do you think you're good enough? I got no idea, cause i would of bet that drawing board on the flop.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 AM

Alright mate what do you think this 480 bet means. What do u put him on and are u prepared to go broke at level one with this hand. Dont make it sound like the situation is clear cut its simply not.

And I dont see what is wrong with checking the flop or the turn for that matter.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 AM

Btw. I don't think I ever have folded a full house when there is only one pair on the board in a SnG.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright mate what do you think this 480 bet means. What do u put him on and are u prepared to go broke at level one with this hand. Dont make it sound like the situation is clear cut its simply not.

And I dont see what is wrong with checking the flop or the turn for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't see why it is wrong to check on the flop and the turn with what most likely is the best hand then I am sure you are a losing player.

This is really really elementary poker stuff, you know.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:24 AM

I understand why you checked the flop. It's fun to slowplay and excited to hit a set, but with a flush draw out there and a straight draw, it's good to bet out. Scared of chasing them away? Well, whoever has the ace will probably call you. If they don't call you on flop, they won't call you on turn either so you'd might as well bet the flop. With draws out there, you need to protect your hand no matter how good it is (unless you flop a boat, in which case you're kind of hoping someone will make their flush or straight). as far as the river, push it cause whoever has an ace will call you and there are many more ways that someone has an ace compared to the number of possible boats. You won't get an ace to fold, so push.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm, I don't get this, why did you check the flop? why did you check the turn? imo this was a horribly played hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see what is wrong with slowplaying this set. I have 20 chips invested theres only sixty in the pot if the board becomes to scary I can easily lay it down. I checked the turn because I didnt have to fear any draws. And Im now hopong to bust someone with an ace. But when I guy makes a bet like that it makes u revaluate how strong your hand actaully is.

Flop and turn play aside what are your thoughts on the river should I have folded pushed or called?
Old 09-20-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't see why it is wrong to check on the flop and the turn with what most likely is the best hand then I am sure you are a losing player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alriht [censored]. Im not a losing player far from it. Im trying to win a big pot here early but I can easily get away from this if the board become to scary. I have very little invested and the pot is small.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ummm, I don't get this, why did you check the flop? why did you check the turn? imo this was a horribly played hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see what is wrong with slowplaying this set. I have 20 chips invested theres only sixty in the pot if the board becomes to scary I can easily lay it down. I checked the turn because I didnt have to fear any draws. And Im now hopong to bust someone with an ace. But when I guy makes a bet like that it makes u revaluate how strong your hand actaully is.

Flop and turn play aside what are your thoughts on the river should I have folded pushed or called?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why it is wrong to slowplay this set:

1. There is a flushdraw on the flop. You are giving the others infinite odds to hit a flush that will beat your set.

2. There is a straightdraw on this flop. You are giving the others infinite odds to hit a straight that will beat your set.

3. By not betting this flop and turn the pot is only 60 chips on the river. How on earth are you planning to make a lot of chips when the pot is so tiny on the river?

And of course you have to call this river.