Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Default ATs Flops Top Pair v PFR

Today was my first day at full table limit. Moving over from 6max for a while becuase I dont like to stay in one place too long. I probably suck so far. Hows this hand? Im most interested in my turn/river actions. PFR and flop standard, right?

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds.

River: (9.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: ATs Flops Top Pair v PFR

Looks standard against an unknown. No read on MP? Your hand has showdown value, and I feel the default play is to check/call the river. He'll fold a busted draw if you bet, and raise the rivered tp/2pr/straight.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:00 PM

A10 for a raise is a very read dependent hand, I only play it against fish, and when i do, i raise to isolate. standard flop bet, turn and river calls, your prob beat but im sure u have to call here.
Again, a10 is an easy hand to get into trouble with if your beginning, you can always just tighen up here
Old 09-18-2005, 05:00 PM

bet the river and fold to a raise.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 09-18-2005, 05:04 PM

because when we check, he will check behind pairs of fives, sixes, and tens that we beat and will usually only bet if he turned/rivered something to beat us. when he raises our bet, our pair is basically never good.

by check calling we put a bet in on the river pretty much only when we lose. classic value bet.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Aren't we pretty sure we're beaten if we are called here? Of course it would help to have an idea of what kind of player villain is, but what could be be possibly be calling a bet on the river with with all of those paints out there?
Old 09-18-2005, 05:10 PM

an unknown open limped in MP2 after 4 folds, and coldcalled two bets on a 56T board. the board at the river is 56TQK.

hands i see him calling a river bet with that we beat:

A6, A5, 99, 88, 77, 76, JT, T9, T8, T7, and possibly even worse hands like 54, 75, 85, etc.

imo he will check through with most of these. i can't see many hands he could have that beat us, other than KT.

often he will just fold to the bet with his OESD or whatever, but betting is more profitable (imo by far) than check calling.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:27 PM

This was in the first ~8 hands at the table, so no read. Although I assume the check/cold call 2 on the flop tells us somehting about his play.

That was the question on the river for me. I think its real close between bet/fold and check/call. 6max in stinct tells me to try to get the shwodwon for as cheap as possible. I dont like calling the bet, but I like betting and having to fold to a raise even less.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:28 PM

Are we really folding ATs in the BB here? whats the consensus on this? seems like too much money in the pot to fold, but a riase OOP seems bad too.