Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Sweating feedback

OK, the sweating session is over. Maybe I or someone else can post one or two hands that were interesting if there were any. There were a few early ones where a river line of c/f was suggested but I went with bet/fold. Maybe those are interesting to talk about if anyone remembers which ones they were. In any case, if you guys could give some feedback/testimonials to how awesome it was in this thread then I'll try to get a MHNL poster to run one at some later date. So definitely let me know if you enjoyed it/benefited from it and how you would improve it next time.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm sorry if anyone who wanted an invite didn't get one. I see that I missed a few late PMs. Hopefully next time we can give some earlier notice or whatever so that everyone who wants to attend can.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Sweating feedback

It's 7 a.m. here but staying up was definately worth it. I can't remember the last time I learned so much new and watching you LAG up the 200NL table was just awesome. Thank you very much.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:14 AM

Haven't had time to look any hands over yet for meaningful analysis, but here's a quick take on the general experience.

The whole process was informative, stimulated some good real-time chat room discussion, and was just plain entertaining on the whole. It's interesting to see "live" takes on a hand or line, as sometimes (for me at least), it's all alot easier to analyze in retrospect.

I personally took away how effective the play of firing out with mid pockets at a pre-flop raiser when the board flops Kxx was for you - it seemed like the PFR folded without a fight every time. I'm likely a bit WT playing for the set at all times.

In any event, thanks for heading this up - and assuming security isn't a concern, which it didn't seem to be, I think this would be a nice periodic event. Much fun.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 AM

would you be interested in posting ur hand history for this session, or possibly PMing it to me? I would really like to see it.

btw this is awesome u did this
Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 AM

Thanks for doin this. Very interesting stuff, I learned a lot.

One hand I found interesting was this "weak lead" on the turn hand. Looks like the play worked perfectly because you got to see the river for cheap enough.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB :#A500AF(TWP)/ (6 max, 6 handed) converter

($38.09)
Button ($76.05)
SB ($48.70)
BB :#A500AF(TWP)/ ($53.50)
UTG ($88)
MP ($49.15)

Preflop: is with , . SB posts a blind of $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TWP bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, SB folds, TWP calls $5, UTG calls $5.

Turn: ($21.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TWP bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5, Button calls $5.

River: ($36.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
TWP checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $36.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
TWP has 7c 8c (one pair, twos).
UTG has 2h Qs (three of a kind, twos).
MP doesn't show.
doesn't show.
Button has Jd Td (two pair, jacks and tens).
Outcome: UTG wins $36.75. </font>
Old 09-17-2005, 12:45 AM

Converter messed up, but yeah, those guys were just really bad loose/passive so I had a good feeling that would work. Not only would they not raise a weak lead on the turn, but I was confident that they would pay off a big bet on the river since I knew that at least one of them probably had a 2. Obviously if I hit and they filled up it would suck, but I had such a cheap draw due to the weak lead and the implied odds were so good, that it was just too good to be true. Until I missed on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you be interested in posting ur hand history for this session, or possibly PMing it to me? I would really like to see it.

btw this is awesome u did this

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to convert whole sessions? I think there is, but I don't know how. If there is, I will post the whole session, but I don't want to post it with opponents names, I don't think that's nice. If we can't convert the whole thing, then I can email it to people if they PM me their email address...
Old 09-17-2005, 11:08 AM

I'd like to see this session history; I think you have my email. Also, I'm certian there is a hand history batch converter that has been used by the micros poster, but I've not been able to find it right now. I'll keep looking.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:43 PM

I bet you could email party and have them send you just that session. I know pokerstars can do this very quickly.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:54 PM

I have the sessions (there were three - 1 at 50 and 2 at 200) but I want to mass convert them. I think there was a link to a converter that could do that, but I'm not sure where it is. Any help would be appreciated. Also, did anyone think to save the chat? I didn't.