Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 10:29 PM

Default 3/6: ATs flops TPTK

Button is a solid aggro 2+2esque regular 26/17/3
UTG is a loose passive type, not many hands on the guy.
His range on the 3bet is reasonably wide here, AA-88 , AK-AJs, KQs, maybe more maybe less

Comments?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)
converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

Final Pot: 10.16 BB,
Old 09-16-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: 3/6: ATs flops TPTK

I think I like it. The spade really protects you from a raise, and if he's thinking, he'll call with big aces because he knows you don't have a 7, so you keep AK from checking behind.

And hey, if you don't bet, they can't misclick-fold AA!
Old 09-17-2005, 02:11 AM

Why not threebet the flop and lead the turn? A lot of mid-level TAGs auto-raise their overcards when led into on the flop.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not threebet the flop and lead the turn? A lot of mid-level TAGs auto-raise their overcards when led into on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasnt been true for me very often at 3/6 6 max. It happened all the time in full ring though.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:23 AM

I think the C/R on this flop is a better play. I like your river donk, however.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:27 AM

I think it's fine as long as you're folding to a raise. It's unlikely that you're good here, but if you are ahead, it will be checked behind almost all the time.

A little hint:
<font color="white">Don't include the final pot size. He must have been weaker than it looked to fold the river.</font>
Old 09-17-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the C/R on this flop is a better play. I like your river donk, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem there is that it lets the other guy stick around. I bet because I figured there was a good chance villian would auto raise and knock him out.

The river donk was almost an epiphany, I was just about to check call when I realized that the spade would almost certainly protect me from a raise, and I could see a showdown for the same price this way, easily fold to a raise and maybe even scare off a weak over pair doing it...and all of a sudden i was like ohhhh so thats when you can donk.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's fine as long as you're folding to a raise. It's unlikely that you're good here, but if you are ahead, it will be checked behind almost all the time.

A little hint:
<font color="white">Don't include the final pot size. He must have been weaker than it looked to fold the river.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

very tricky, you must think youre really smart or something
now